Chapter 6: I Just Need Some Space

~~~ (Y/N) POV ~~~ 

     Steven and Amethyst went out to talk and hang as I sat on the couch. Pearl and Garnet were talking by the warp pad. I was eating some eggs and bacon. As I finished eating, Pearl came over.

Pearl: "Is there something you would like to talk about?"

(Y/N): "....no."

Pearl: "(Y/N), you know you can tell us anything, right?"

(Y/N): "Okay."

     I looked down and grabbed my plate before standing up. I was about to head to the kitchen when Garnet was in the way.

Pearl: "Look. (Y/N), I saw you in the forest, with the gem."

     I paused for a moment.

(Y/N): "So?"

Pearl: "Your scream. You, can do something that only one other gem has ever been able to do before. That gem being a very, very special gem. You can project your emotions. Though, it seems like not in the way the other gem was able to, not in waves of emotion, but screams of passion."

(Y/N): "Waves? What do you mean by that?"

     Pearl and Garnet looked at each other.

Pearl: "Blue diamond. She can radiate this energy, turn the whole room blue, and anyone caught in this field, would feel her sadness, or guilt. The only gem who could force other gems to cry, or just drop to their knees in sorrow."

     I looked down.

Pearl: "(Y/N), do you feel like you let us down?"

     I slowly nodded. Garnet squatted and put her hand on my shoulder.

Garnet: "You don't let us down. You don't let anybody down. You are just having some trouble, but you are new to this world. Steven just started getting used to his healing and shield summoning. You two have so much potential that still needs to be unlocked. You are progressing so fast, even if you can't fully control all your powers, you still have a handle on your weapons, and you will find out how to control things within' time."

(Y/N): "Thank you."

Garnet: "Now we need to get to the barn."

     Garnet and Pearl started to walk to the warp pad before I could ask why. I join them on it and we warped to the barn. We saw Lapis holding five rubies, as Steven, Amethyst, and Peridot were just arriving. 

Steven: "The rubies are back?"

Lapis: "The showed up on their little ship acting very angry. So I put them in time out."

Steven: "I thought we were done with these guys. Why did you come back here?"

     He walked over to the bubbles.

Garnet: "Let's release one and just ask what they're up to."

Steven: "Ooh, ooh. Can I pick?"

Garnet: "Go for it."

     Steven walked closer to the bubbles to inspect them, and pointed at the ruby with a gem on their leg.

Steven: "Oh, let's talk to leggy."

Pearl: "Leggy?"

Steven: "I named them based on the placement of their gems. There's Leggy, Army, Navy, Eyeball, and uh, Doc. Leggy seems like the easiest to talk to."

Lapis: "Leggy, come on down."

     The bubble with Leggy burst as she dropped to the ground.