Chapter 25: A Splitting Personality

I looked around, starting to get shaken up, but smiling, hoping it would fill me with confidence, or make the feeling of loneliness and emptiness disappear. It did not. I sat down, on the spot that I decided was ground, which it was not. I started to meditate. Feeling it would be best to not leave the void until I stopped being scared of it, till I stopped letting my irrational paranoia keep me from doing what I want. Though staying here was hard. I wanted to just leave, and never come back here, but I couldn't just be scared of this void. This is apart of me, it will always be apart of me. As I am apart of it. I started to calm down a bit, my fear of this place slowly receding. I slowly stood up and got an idea. If time in here fluctuates, and if I can exist in any place, as anyone? What if I can exist in any moment? I gave it some thought, and decided to give it a try. To first see if it would work, I decided to try to go to the moment three seconds before I went into the void, so that I could verify with myself, that I went into the void and time traveled. I exist nowhere, and everywhere. I and nothing and everything. I exist in my house, by the door, and three twenty-seven p.m. before I went into the void. I opened my eye, and saw that I was in my house, but there was no other me, and time seemed to have flown normally. Meaning, I still had to somewhat adhere to the laws of time. 

     I decided to go check up on Steven. He was in the temple putting on his jacket.

Steven: "Oh, hey (Y/N). I, heard from the Diamonds that you were going through something. You okay?"

(Y/N): "Oh, just a little bit. I am still pretty much like, the best."

     I teleported behind him.

(Y/N): "So, what are you up to?"

Steven: "Oh, well, good to see you back to your old teleporting self. Anyway, Lapis and I were going to check out something about terraforming gems? Wanna join us?"

(Y/N): "I see. Well, sure, I would love to join, go out on a mission and get back into the swing of things."

Steven: "Yeah, okay, then let's head over to the barn."

(Y/N): "I'll race you!"

     I appeared by the barn.

(Y/N): "Sup Perry."

Peridot: "(Y/N)! What are you doing here?"

(Y/N): "Steven, Lapis, and I are gonna go on a mission, so I am waiting for mister slowpoke over there."

     I pointed into the distance where a beam of light suddenly appeared.

(Y/N): "I am getting much better at predicting things. I mean it's not full on future vision, but still makes me look like a boss."

Peridot: "Ah yes, I see."

     Lapis walked out of the barn to see us.

(Y/N): "Aye, it's the...... hold on I can come up with a cool nickname. Hmm, Lapigal? Nah that's lame as hell, Laziman? Nah, what's with my lame as hell super hero reject names? Oh, Lazarus. I know, not much of an original name, but I think it semi fits. What do you think?"

Lapis: "Why not just call me Lapis?"

(Y/N): "Well, I could, yes, if that is what you prefer, but sometimes nicknames can be fun. Isn't that right Perry?"

Peridot: "Yeah!"

(Y/N): "But if you prefer Lapis then...."

Steven: "(Y/N), you know teleporting is cheating in a race."

(Y/N): "Not when warp pads are a thing. Get with the time Steven. The future is now old man."

Lapis: "Steven is not old."