Chapter 20: An Old New Friend

~~~ TIMESKIP ~~~

     I was waiting in the temple watching the broadcast the Diamond's were giving for Steven. White, Blue, and Yellow told the story of Pink Diamond and how she formed Steven. She announced that Steven was finally ready to sit on Pink's throne. The camera panned down to Steven, who introduced himself, and talked about how he doesn't want to be placed on a throne, rather living on Earth instead. The Diamond's were surprised as there was an audible command.

White: "Cut the feed."

     The broadcast ended and I shook my head with a smile. That's Steven for you. After a minute or two I heard the warp activate. Steven and Connie came down the stairs talking about space camp. I started to head out, making my way to my Aunt's house. It's been a long time since I have seen her, and I have been, honestly, avoiding her. I approached the door and knocked. (A/N) opened the door and stood in shock while looking at me.

(Y/N): "Hey. I-"

     She hugged me.

(A/N): "Where have you been? Ever since that night so long ago, I thought I lost you."

(Y/N): "I have been busy. Figuring things out about my, special side. And, I wasn't sure what to say, or even if you wanted to see me, so I have kind of been avoiding you."

(A/N): "Oh (Y/N). That night I was confused, and learning about this, what was it, gem thing? I started to think of you differently. Though after a while I remember that you're still just the same (Y/N) you have always been, I just knew more about you then I did before. But there have been evacuations and, those large ships and things. I was so worried."

(Y/N): "Ah yes. There is so much to talk about. I know where my gem came from, but I still don't know how it ended up being apart of me. And I have found out a lot about what I can do. If you want, you can always think of me like a superhero of sorts, cause I can do quite a lot."

(A/N): "Well, I am sure I can handle it, even if it takes some time."

(Y/N): "Well, with all that's been discovered, like my past and abilities, I think it is best to explain it, bit by bit. Today, let's just talk about, my origin."

(A/N): "Of course."

(Y/N): "So. Gems can do this thing, where they become one with another gem. It is called fusion. When Pearl and Amethyst fuse, they turn into Opal, Garnet is Sapphire and Ruby. My gem is obsidian, a, somehow, physical footprint of the gem fusion Obsidian from the war six thousand years ago. Obsidian is the fusion of Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, and another gem. Before, we just knew her as Rose Quartz, but it has been revealed that she is actually Pink Diamond, I will go into that in a moment, but first, any questions?"

     She sat there for a moment, slowly taking in this information.

(A/N): "So, your gem, is six thousand years old? But you are obviously not that old, I mean your mother and father can't be older than sixty, let alone six thousand."

(Y/N): "That is one of the mysteries, yes. My gem is from a long time ago, but somehow it was dormant or something before I came along."

(A/N): "Okay, well I understand as much as I can right now. Continue, you mentioned a Pink Diamond?"

(Y/N): "So, first of all. The home planet to Gems is what they call, Homeworld. On Homeworld there is this hierarchy of gems, and at the top is the Diamond Authority, consisting of Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, White Diamond, the late Pink Diamond, and a new addition, Black Diamond."

(A/N): "Okay, So, a bunch of Diamonds are the leaders or monarchy of this Homeworld?"

(Y/N): "Exactly. Now, Pink Diamond, ran away from Homeworld to live on Earth, faking her death, and going by the alias of Rose Quartz."