Chapter 12: News From Earth

~~~ TIMESKIP ~~~

     I woke up in my bed, I went over to my table where some food was placed. I had my breakfast and heard the doors to my room open.

Yellow Pearl: "My Diamond requests your presence in the extraction chamber."

     She turned and start to leave. I followed as she headed to the extraction chamber. When the doors opened I saw that it was a sort of sauna. Yellow and Blue sat across from each other.

Yellow Diamond: "Ah, welcome (Y/N). Come sit."

     I on the side adjacent to both of them, sitting in the middle.

Yellow Diamond: "We have news. A team of Rubies were sent to Earth in search of Jasper."

(Y/N): "Oh, I remember them."

Yellow Diamond: "You have met them?"

(Y/N): "Yeah. I definitely remember them."

Yellow Diamond: "Really? Did something happen with them?"

(Y/N): "Oh, well, it wasn't anything too special, that was just when we went to the Moon Base, where I first remembered Pink in front of her Palanquin. And also the time I figured out I wouldn't die in space."

     Yellow and Blue looked at each other in concern.

Yellow Diamond: "You don't suffocate?"

(Y/N): "No, I do. It was excruciating. I just didn't die."

Blue Diamond: "That sounds terrible. The things you have been through."

(Y/N): "Well, I am just glad that it was just a learning experience I lived to tell."

Yellow Diamond: "Well, they came back with a report. Apparently Rose Quartz was there. You were with Rose Quartz, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N): "I don't remember any Rose Quartz, or at least nobody that looked like them. If I was with Rose Quartz, then I have been fooled."

Yellow Diamond: "Yes, the Ruby did say that she looked different. Nothing like her previous self. I see."

     The room started to glow blue as Blue was now quiet, fist clenched, I could feel her sadness, and rage.

Blue Diamond: "That traitor is still alive?"

Yellow Diamond: "Yes, it is outrageous indeed. I'm sorry to tell you this Blue. Shall I get the Ruby team for a statement Blue?"

Blue Diamond: "Yes. I want to hear what this Ruby has to say."

     Yellow nodded as she and Blue stood up. I stood up as well and we all headed out, to a room with many bubbled gems in it.

Yellow Diamond: "Pearl, Go grab the Ruby team."

Yellow Pearl: "Yes my Diamond."

     Yellow Pearl left. We all sat there and waited. Blue seemed to calm down enough to retract her aura, but I could tell, she was still furious. 

(Y/N): "I have to tell you guys something."

Yellow Diamond: "What is it?"

(Y/N): "The more I think about the memory of Pink Diamond in front of her palanquin, there's something that doesn't add up."

Yellow Diamond: "How so?"

(Y/N): "Well, there were shards of Pink Diamond in the spot she was struck down right?"

Yellow Diamond: "Of course, why?"

(Y/N): "Well, in the memory, I remember being dissipated, but then I feel warmth, like a hand around me, and some sort of movement, like I was about to be taken somewhere. The memory persists a little bit after dissipation, but that would mean that the shards couldn't have been right where she stood. I am not saying she wasn't shattered, but, the memory is just so, weird."