Letter to Alexander

My Dearest Brother,

        Remember when the day mom and dad died?  Remember the promise that we made to each other?  How we promised to protect one another to to always be there for one another?  I am sorry, I couldn't keep that promise to you Alex.  I am so very sorry, for breaking it.  I would give anything in this world to have kept that promise to you.  To be able to really always be there, but I couldn't.  I failed you. 

        But know that I never willingly failed you, and you never failed me.  I know you will question yourself if there was anything you could have done to prevent this.  There wasn't anything you could have said or done to change my decision.  I made this decision on my own, with a heavy heart.  Knowing that my passing may cause you pain.  Pain I never wanted to cause you, my brother.  I wish I didn't have to hurt you, even-though I know this will. 

        I do not want you to blame yourself in any way for my ending.  If you love me, you will not blame yourself.  i want you to live a full life.  One filled with our memories of our time together.  One filled with joy and laughter.  There is no sense in asking why I have done, what I have done. Just know that this was my destiny.  The one chosen for me.  There was no other path for my life, other than this.  It couldn't have been stopped.  It couldn't have been changed.  It was what the Moon Goddess had planned for me all along.

        You have been everything to me, Alex.  Always and forever remember that I love you no matter what.  Know that mom, dad, and I are smiling down at you.  Proud of the man you are, and will be.  I hope you can move on from this, create a family with Abby, and live your life for the fullest.  Live, Alex.  Live as if there is no tomorrow.  Live for the both of us.  Do things. Experience life.  Promise me to do that. 

        Promise me to share your memories of me to your future children.  Let my legacy live on through the moments we created in this life together.  Tell Abby how much I will miss her friendship.  How truly happy I am that you found her.  How glad I am that she will be there to catch you when you fall, and you there for her.  You guys gave me the fleeting glimpses of what having a true mate was all about.  You guys taught me what love was.

        Thank you for being my brother.  I am truly blessed to have called you brother. 

Your beloved sister,

Leilani