[21]: Revelation

[Damien's POV]

         As I rested my head into her neck,  I noticed a flickering of movement on her throat.  A faint twitching of the skin every few secrets.  Hoping that I was not imagining it,  hope grew within me.  I rested my head against her chest, praying that what I had hoped was true, was.  And there, I heard it.  The faintest beat of her heart.  It was there, she was alive still.  I had time still.

        Picking up her body in my arms, I stood up ready to run in my human form.  Needing to get her back to the house.  Needing to give her a chance to live.  Without her, I would only be half a man.  But time was against me, and this was my one and only chance for the future I wanted. 

        With her in my arms, I turned around.  I hadn't noticed anyone else's arrival.  But there in front of me was someone else.  I watched as whomever it was stepped out from the shadows of the woods.  Walking towards me, somewhat shocked at their arrival.

"Hello baby." I heard her say.

"Thank god its you, Rachel.  Run ahead and tell the pack doctor I need him at the house urgently"

"No, I don't think so my dear." I watched as her face became blank.

"What do you mean? She's going to die. She needs help."

"Let her die then.  She is of no importance."

"What is wrong with you Rachel?  You would let someone die?"

"Of course I would.  Especially someone who is in the way."

"In the way of what? What are you talking about?"

"Silly man, in the way of what I want.  What you didn't think I knew she was your mate.  Tsk Tsk."

I stood there frozen in shock.  Not understanding what was going on, but knowing I was wasting precious time to get Leilani help.  To save her life.

"You knew this whole time didn't you?" I stated as I tried to step around her.

Ignoring my question, I heard her say, "This is your last chance Damien.  You can choose me, and let her die.  Or."

"Or what, Rachel?  You do not place demands on me!"  I stated as I continued walking.

"Or, you die.  If I can't have you. No one can."

I turned around then, facing her again.  Seething with anger.  My wolf wanting to retaliate against the woman whom I thought I had loved, that was threatening the very future of the one I did love.

"And who is going to stop me from leaving? You?" I laughly scathingly at her, "I think not."

Turning around again, I began walking.

"Oh not me my dear, but my mate will."

"He's dead.  You told me that.  He died in the rogue attack."

"Oh about that dear, I lied."  At this point, I had turned to face her completely again.

"One last chance Damien.  That's all I am giving you."  I watched as she put on an innocent appearance.

"Never Rachel." I stated as I turned around yet again, and began leaving.  Her next comment had me stopping in my tracks, as a chill ran up my spine.