𝐎𝐍𝐄

A/N : who's your BTS bias?
- I don't have one, ot7 for life!

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ]

"Today's the day!" My boss shouted, throwing a clipboard at my face. "I finally convinced the board to give you access. My beloved Hayeon!" With that, he threw his arms round my thin frame as I stood in awe. Was it normal for a boss to treat their employees so informally?

"Sir, I'm not sure I understand. Access to what?"

"Test Subject 312, of course!"

My jaw dropped and I stared blankly at my boss. There absolutely had to be a mistake. Me, Kim Hayeon, having access to one of the most hidden secrets of Mediheal Laboratories. It was unheard of.

"Sir, I really think you've made a mistake. I'm really not qualified to deal with such a...monstrosity?"

I cringed at my words, I didn't truly believe that Test Subject 312 was a monster. Just misunderstood, like most things in this world. However, to express a view like that was a danger in a place like this. I could be fired or, in extreme cases, disposed. In the laboratory knowledge could be weakness.

"Of course you are. I trained my beloved Hayeon well!" My boss, Mr Manrani, exclaimed, jumping around the office like a bunny on springs.

"But-I..I don't understand? Test Subject 312 is completely classified and I'm totally inexperienced compared to some of the other scientists in level 5. Why me?"

"Well," Mr Manrari paused, stroking his long mustache in thought, "I had a similar thought. Perhaps they need someone younger? With a ready mind?Anyway, don't complain!" He slammed his hand on the desk, his pens soaring off the surface and bouncing off the nearby wall. "This is a one in a lifetime opportunity. When you face Test Subject 312 today, it might possible be the proudest moment of my life."

"I still don't und-wait...Today!"

"Today, my dear! In an hour to be more precise. Here's the notes and I'll meet you at cell 8 in an hour. Okay?" Then, without giving me time to even agree he'd disappeared down the hallway, leaving me stranded, with just a few feeble scraps of paper to save my career.

For the next hour, as I attempted to build some courage, I furiously studied the notes. I had never been a very studious student and found it difficult to focus on one thing at a time but, as the hour flew by, my gaze never left the notes.

Not much was revealed about Test Subject 312's past in the notes. The only thing mentioned was that it's age of admission was 9. Poor thing, having to go through this at such an age.

To add to my increasing worry, the notes were extremely vague. I didn't have the slightest idea what I was dealing with- An alien? A supernatural being? The notes failed to note if this 'person' was human or not.

However, by the time I'd made it to the end of the notes, I noticed that the observations had become increasingly severe. The last entry, from just 3 days ago, described a brutal attack that it had inflicted on a doctor. I was going to be ripped to shreds. What made the situation worse was the noted 'average temperature' that was scribbled at the bottom of each entry. By the last entry, the beings temperature had soared to 47°c! That was impossible- that thing shouldn't be alive.

So, when Mr Manrari came to collect me an hour later all I could focus on was the approaching dread and my last feeble prayers of hope as I faced my impending doom.