𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

a/n: the ending is getting closer and closer...
it's bittersweet because even though I don't want this all to end, I just know you're all going to love (or hate) the final chapter

but we've got at least 7 more chapters before that happens so don't worry too much

:)
[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ]

Jimin and Hoseok's lesson dragged on for another hour, the poor boy getting progressively more wet and cold as his failed attempts to walk on water failed consecutively.

"Am I done now?," the boy moaned, trudging out from the lake and shaking a long twine of pond weed off from his foot. He patted his hair and cried out loudly as he brought down a strand and examined it. "My hair is ruined because of you." He pointed an angry finger at Hoseok who proceeded to laugh, not caring that he'd destroyed the boy's meticulous appearance.

"You did well Jimin. Hopefully, by tomorrow afternoon, you'll actually be able to last three steps before panicking like a fish out of water."

"Shut up hyung," Jimin cursed, a small patch of red blemishing his cheeks. "I'm going back to the house, to shower." He stalked towards his belongings, quickly gathering them into his arms before storming off, his shoes making a squeaking noise from the water trapped inside.

"I could use a shower too," Hoseok yawned, airing the front of his shirt. He hadn't appeared to noticed that I was stood behind him and started to walk forwards before I reached out, clutching the fabric of his shirt between my two fingers. He jumped slightly but relaxed when he noticed that it was just me. "Oh, hello Hayeon."

I coughed, shuffling my feet. "I don't mean to be a nuisance but I was wondering if you could train me? To fight, I mean."

Hoseok seemed startled, his mouth opening and closing for a couple of seconds before pausing, a smile beginning to trace his features. "You want to fight?" I nodded without hesitation. "Sure, I can teach you. Do you want to start now?"

"Yes please!" I cried out, feeling the urge to punch the air in relief. I really thought that he would reject me without a second thought.

"There's a large field nearby, it might be better to go there," He mused, looking out towards the lake. "Follow me."

Like a baby duckling following it's mother, I plodded behind the older boy feeling excited to start learning self defence tactics. As I walked, I clenched my fists as if preparing myself fight only to realise, a minute later, that I'd forgotten if the thumb was supposed to be tucked in or not. I guess I really was an amateur; I just hoped Hoseok had the patience to teach me everything from the basics.

We arrived at the mysterious field, I had not yet had the pleasure to witness, when Hoseok turned to face me. The place was huge and widely open; I could imagine a movie scene battle happening here, two enemies facing each other, from opposite sides, over the long grass. In a way, it was almost eerie. It felt like this place should be bustling with people but instead, the large patch of grass had been left to allow itself to overgrow, weeds growing uncontrollably. Even so, it remained stunning and was, quite obviously, the perfect place to train.

"So you're a total beginner?" Hoseok asked, scanning me up and down as if searching for some kind of sign that I wasn't as much of a immature as I made myself out to be. I gulped, nodding regretfully. I couldn't believe I had gotten myself into the whole situation with Jungkook and I couldn't even throw a punch. It was pure luck that I'd even gotten this far.

Hoseok hummed, his eyes squinting slightly as the midday sun caught his eye. "Well I know where we'll start then."

I felt giddy with excitement, the adrenaline coursing through my veins. This was it- I would finally be able to fight my own battles instead of relying on Jungkook and his friends to do so for me. I really hoped that Hoseok would teach me how to do those nasty moves that you see in the action movies or how to make a person unconscio-