𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

A/N: When did you first become an army?
- October 31st 2016

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ]

I arrived at Cell 8 just on time, panting and sweating as though I'd run a marathon. I should've expected it but when I reached my destination, I was surprised to be greeted by half a dozen, stern faced doctors and scientists.

"Miss Kim, you only just made it," a grainy voice groaned. I recognized it instantaneously- Dr Choi.

Unfortunately for me, and all the newer trainee scientists, Dr Choi was one of the most experienced members of Mediheal Laboratories. She knew everything. I remember the first time I met her, when I'd only just advanced to level 3, and she'd scrutinized me from top to bottom with her beady eyes and soulless personality.

"You do realize how important this is?" She asked, an eyebrow lifted and eyes unblinking.

I wanted to reply with 'yes' but, in reality, I still had no knowledge about what Test Subject 312 was capable of and why it was here. Dr Choi must have noticed my hesitation and scoffed.

"Test Subject 312 is a special experiment that arrived a little less than 6 months ago. As a late, his behavior has become erratic and we've had an increasing lack of control. If the problem persists, it'll be on permanent sedation which causes a significant problem for us considering we'll no longer be able to monitor his physical abilities. This will be a huge let down. Your aim is to establish cooperation. Dr Lee will inform you on key information."

Dr Lee stepped forward, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose and coughing lightly. He was a pudgy man with flat, greasy hair who always looked out of place due to his skittish personality.

"Good day Miss Hayeon. I'm here to escort you to Test Subject 312 and tell you how to guarantee safety during your interactions."

He held out an arm and I followed his steps. He hastily placed a pin into a pad on the side of the wall and guided me into an observation room. The room was lined with medical charts and glowing laptops which faced a large window. That was when I noticed Test Subject 312, seeing it for the first time in 6 months.

He, or it, sat on a bed in the white padded room. He hadn't looked up but I could see the long dark hair and the rippling muscles under the orange jumpsuit he wore. He looked human.

"It's a one way window," Dr Lee announced from behind me. "It's very useful to us. It allows us to have constant surveillance on the experiment abut it also stops him from seeing us. He's quite peaceful until he sees a human."

"If that's the case, then why do you think I'm going to be any help?" I asked, placing a hand on the cold glass. The thing still hadn't moved; the only reason I could tell that it was alive was the rise and fall of its chest.

"It associates all of us with pain. We are imprinted in its mind as an enemy. However, he hasn't been in contact with anyone a similar age since its arrival at the facility. We sincerely hope that it will trust you enough to allow some type of cooperation to take place."

"And if it doesn't?"

"We will get you out of there as soon as possible."

I gulped, my hands beginning to tremor and perspiration sprouting on my brow. When I signed up to become a scientist at Mediheal Laboratories, this wasn't what I had in mind.

"Are you up for this?" He asked, pushing his glasses up his nose again due to habit.

With one shaky breath, I answered.

"Yes."