𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

a/n: i wanted to have this story completed by september but, umm, that's definitely not happening (*'∀`)

also, also, also did anyone see Taehyung's upload on twitter today because I'm pretty sure I cried. taehyung mullet enthusiasts, how are we all feeling?

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ]

"Alas, fresh air!" Taehyung shouted as he bounded out of the car, looking distinctly less green than before. Luckily for all of us, Taehyung had managed not to hurl up his guts and, minus that little hiccup, the journey had been somewhat enjoyable.

The apartment where we were staying was very secluded, much to my surprise, despite being only a twenty minute walk from the city centre. The whole complex included three separate houses but, according to Namjoon, we were the only ones occupying any one of them. If it couldn't get any better, we had a large forest behind the house, perfect for training.

"I'm getting first dibs of room!" Taehyung shouted, quickly sprinting to the front door. When the door failed to open, he pouted and stared angrily at it as if threatening it to open. Unsurprisingly, it didn't and Namjoon had to come over, a pair of keys jangling in his hand.

"Before we enter," he said, shooting Taehyung a pointed look. "There are three bedrooms which means that we're going to have two rooms of three and one room of two. So, who's sharing?"

The boys instantly exploded into noise, this person partnering with this person and so forth. It was havoc to say that they only had to spend a couple of weeks here. The argument continued for another five minutes before Jin coughed loudly, interrupting the conversation.

"Well I think that Hayeon should have the double room with the person of her choice. We are gentlemen after all."

There was a loud, raucous noise as the boys simultaneously groaned. Taehyung clapped his hands together. "Right so Hayeon and Jungkook are together, that's sorted. Who else is staying together."

Yoongi scoffed. "The girl didn't even say that she wanted to go with Jungkook."

I bristled slightly at his lack of manners but shrugged it off. He knew my name and he wasn't saying it in hopes of riling me up. Unluckily for him, I wasn't going to give him that satisfaction.

Taehyung rolled his eyes at Yoongi's jab. "Well shes not going to want to stay with you."

He had that right. If I was being honest, the only two people I would feel completely comfortable with would be Jungkook and Seokjin but, quite honestly, I wasn't going to admit that.

"They might...do something together."

"Oh don't be stupid Yoongi," Jin said with an exasperated sigh. "Jungkook and Hayeon aren't that inconsiderate."

The fact that we're even having this conversation made me flush red with pure and wholehearted embarrassment. From the horrified expression of Jungkook's face, it made me believe that he was thinking the exact same thing.

"Guys," Jungkook whined, dragging out the 's'. "Can we please not have this conversation right now."

Jin waved his hands passively and motioned for us to all step inside the apartment. "Right so, Jungkook and Hayeon are staying together and I'll stay with Taehyung and," he paused, a blush painting his cheeks, "Namjoon?"

Namjoon nodded obliviously and that was it. The boys hurriedly raced up and down the stairs, hauling all types of luggage that I hadn't even realised they'd brought. By the time Jungkook came in, pulling a small suitcase, and the rest of the others had already passed, I was in awe of how everything had fitted in the van.

"This place is nice, isn't it?" Jungkook said when we reached our shared room. I had to agree with him entirely, especially when it was compared to that haunted mansion I had been forced to sleep in. I'd be having nightmares about that place for years however, this apartment was perfect. There was a small kitchen, a lavish living room (which had a wii, to Taehyung's pleasure) and an attractive garden that led to the forest. If we didn't have to move, I would gladly stay here for months, years even.

"It's lovely," I said, running a hand over the floral duvet that had been fitted and ironed. The shared room wasn't as intimate as Yoongi had made it out to be especially as the two beds were at complete different sides of the reasonably vast room. It was nice to know that Jungkook would always be close, however.

"I think we're going to train later, do you want to join?"

I raised an eyebrow as I looked at him in questioning. "I don't think I'd come out alive if I had to fight any of you." I might have a fair chance against Jin but it was besides the point.

Jungkook laughed loudly as he winked. "It's a different kind of training."

It was only an hour later when I was stood outside the opening of the forest with the seven boys stood beside me. Jungkook had refused to tell me what was actually happening and, instead, told me to wear 'suitable' clothing. He didn't really make it clear with what was classed as suitable so I had shrugged on a pair of leggings and one of his shirts, stolen from his drawers, and tied it at the front. When he saw me wearing it, he smirked cheekily. "What are you, a clothes thief?"

"Oh shut up," I said, punching his shoulder jokingly. My choices had been slimmed down to borrowing Jungkook's shirt or wearing a dress and, excuse me for not wanting to scavenge through a forest with bare legs.

"Okay listen up everyone!" Hoseok shouted as we all proceeded to make a half moon shape around him. I accidentally caught Taehyung's eye and he sent me a impish wink making me wonder what exactly this activity entailed. "We're going to be playing hide and seek tag."

He proceeded to run down the rules. They were pretty self explanatory; you hide and, if you're spotted, you have to avoid being tagged or risk becoming a seeker. "The winner is the last person to be caught or, if the original seeker finds everyone in under 30 minutes, they'll be crowned victorious. Any questions?"

We all shook our head vehemently and I could feel the anticipation of the game brewing in the air. Surprisingly, I also felt excited to play. I was never the physical type and, as a child, I used to miss out on the rowdy games however today, I was eager to get involved.

"I'll be the seeker," Hoseok announced and I could feel the beginning of the game approaching. As were about to set off into the depths of the forest, with Jungkook stood only inches behind my back, Hoseok spun back around with a devilish smirk on his face. "I forgot to say. There's no rules."

It was instantaneous havoc as whoops emerged from around us as the boys charged into the open shrubbery, instantly looking for a place to hide. In the distance, I could see Taehyung duplicate as his corporeal doppelgänger helped to lift him over a large mud pile. It was at this moment when I felt Jungkook's fingers digging into my spine and realised that I'd been aimlessly dawdling and risking my one chance to outrun and outsmart Hoseok.

The two of us began to frantically run through the overgrowth of the forest, jumping over untamed tree roots and dodging low lying branches. When I tripped slightly, I saw Jungkook turn back slightly as he held out his hand for me to take. My eyes widened and I was about to refuse when I heard the familiar noise of Hoseok shouting in the background. He was near.

Without hesitation, I grabbed Jungkook's hand and we sprinted further away from the searcher, laughing as we ran.