𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

a/n: what other kpop groups do you like?

- I love ateez and recently I've been really enjoying oneus and day6

[ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 ]

"What do we do?" I groaned to Jeno, my head hitting the desk, "We've actually hit rock bottom. His friends are inaccessible and I can't even question him on why."

I'd thought about asking Jungkook the next day, when I was due to test him, but the idea was quickly flattened. If Dr Choi found out I was snooping, I'd be out on the street before I could even explain what happened. It was just too risky.

"If only I could talk to him outside the view of the cameras and security guards," I pondered, not truly believing the idea was possible.

Until, Jeno spoke up.

"Actually, you might be able to."

I sprung up from my seat and ushered him to keep talking.

"Surprisingly there's very low security at night, most of the guards begin to slack off and do their own thing. If I can convince them to leave, you could potentially have a twenty minute window to talk to him."

I couldn't believe it.

My heart pounded in my chest and the excitement dashed through my bloodstream. The mere hope that this kind of opportunity would appear before me was the only thing that had kept me going.

"It depends who's on shift though," Jeno warned me, patting my arm. I know that he was trying to save me from potential heartbreak.

He pulled out a phone that was gifted to him, through the company, and presumably checked the timetable.

"We're in luck," he sighed in relief, "It's Don. He's been hooking up with a girl on Level 3 so it shouldn't be too difficult to get him to clear off. For a second I thought it would be the Captain, then we would have been screwed over."

Jeno let out a laugh, obviously quite pleased by our turn of luck but, after his mention of the Captain, I felt my stomach churn. I'd never really seen of heard much about the elusive 'Captain', making me rely on the rumours rather than the facts but even they were bad enough. He was allegedly one of the most important people, alongside Dr Choi, at this place. Apparently the man was loyal to MediHeal Laboratories and has even killed innocents for the sake of the cause. He was not a man I would like to mess with.

Despite my obvious worry, I nodded in agreement. This truly was a lucky turn of fate and I couldn't allow it to simply slip through my fingers.

"However, I can't be the lookout and protect you. What if he does attack you? I can't save you," Jeno continued, his wariness obviously eating at him.

I just grinned, attempting to flatten the brewing nerves and appear confident.

"I'll guess we'll just have to trust him."

•••

I entered the cell, the promised sketchbook clutched in my hand. Due to the fact that it was so late at night, I should've been tired but it was like every nerve in my body was buzzing in anticipation of both confronting Jungkook and nerves from potentially being caught.

When I entered the room, Jungkook was awake, sitting upright on the bed. The noise of the door creaking opening alerted him and he blinked at me in surprise, tilting his head.

"I brought you a sketchbook."

Seeming to question my intention, he warily stood up from the bed and slowly advanced towards me. I held out the sketchbook and he took it from my hands. Even though he was obviously troubled by my sudden appearance, he seemed to cheer up as he ran his finger down the cover of the book before opening it and admiring the thick, luxury sketching paper.

"You're probably wondering what I'm doing here."

He didn't need to reply, not that he would've have. Ever since I'd entered the room, he'd been on edge because, unsurprisingly, unplanned visits in the middle of the night were not exactly the norm.

"I just want to say something before I start. No one can hear you here, there's only Jeno, a friend of mine, stood outside and he's temporarily disabled all the cameras. You don't have to worry about what we, or I'll, discuss."

I took a shaky breath trying to calm my nerves before continuing. Jungkook continued to appear confused but his attention remained intact, his gaze fixed on mine.

"I realised that I'd never formally introduced myself and I wanted to fix that."

My whole body trembled as I prepared to expose all that I knew to the boy before me. I felt like a puppet who'd been forced to unwillingly perform in front of a jeering audience but I tried to slap away the negative mindset and overcome the part of this conversation that I'd been dreading. With a slight stutter, I drew in one final breath before exposing my ultimate plan.

"My name is Kim Hayeon and yours is Jeon Jungkook."