Chapter 57: A Night To Remember

Rosalyn's POV

"Where are we going now? Prom isn't happening until 7." I looked over to either side of the road, brightened by the afternoon sun as Amber drove towards an unknown location.

"We are getting manicures and pedicures done. It's time we have a break from all this supernatural stuff. Let's live a little?"

I was weirded out at that point.

What is happening to Amber? Why is she talking like this.

"Here we are!" She drove the car to a stop, in front of a huge salon. We climbed down the car, Amber's words from last night still circling in my head.

_____________

After about two hours, we returned back home.

"Alright. It's 4 p.m. Now, your ride arrives at 5."

"What do you mean?"

"Before heading over to prom, you, your friends and I are going to have dinner at the fanciest restaurant in New Orleans. From there, we are heading over to your prom destination, which, remind me once again...?"

"Abby Stone's family yacht, the Oracle, on the Sweetheart Lake."

"Right! Quite a rich location if you ask me. Anyways, a lady dropped off your prom accessories this morning. Her name was... Liz I think. "

"Yeah, she gave us our prom outfits yesterday evening."

"So what are you waiting for? Let's make full use of the time in hand." Amber ushered me to my room, handing me over my dress. I locked the door, before changing into the gown, its luscious fabric spreading onto my body like fluid.

I unlocked the door, letting Amber in. I noticed the glint of sorrow in her eyes. "Amber, are you crying?"

She looked at me in the eye, shaking her head violently. "No, of course not! You look wonderful Rose!"

I made my way towards her, wiping the tears off her face. "It is okay to let the world see your real side sometime. Family doesn't make you weak."

"No, it doesn't. It makes you stronger." She sniffed. "Let me style your hair now!"

Over the next thirty minutes, Amber styled my hair into a gorgeous boho, half-up hairstyle, tucking in silver jewels to enhance the look. I applied mascara and lip gloss, before pairing off the look with the purple, gemstone studded shoes that Liz had left me, and the silver droplet shaped earrings. I twirled before the full length mirror, admiring myself.

"This feels... so good!"

"Are you happy?"

"Without a doubt!" I said, the smile never leaving my face.

"That's good to hear. Stay here. Let me dress up before we leave."

I nodded before Amber went into her room. She emerged after a few minutes, wearing a black, spaghetti strapped top, sky blue high waist jeans and a brown leather jacket, her dirty blonde hair ending right above her shoulders.

"I think we still have time in our hands then?" She said.

"I guess so..."

"Alright. I'm gonna get my purse." Saying that, she left to fetch her stuff. I took out my phone and texted Vincent.

"Hi. I'm dying to see u! Can u send
a pic of what ur wearing?"

A few moments later, my phone beeped with the meassage icon flickering on my screen.