016

WAKING UP WITH HER EYELIDS HEAVY, Alaïa looked around and found herself in her bed, at the compound. Sitting up, she immediately reached for her side in which she felt a sharp pain. Looking down she saw an IV in her arm, making her face she turned the other way due to the fact that she hates needles. As she looked away from her arm, she saw her phone on her night stand. Trying to reach for her phone, she stopped moving when she felt the sharp pain again in her side.

She huffed giving up on her phone and heard footsteps making Alaïa turn to the doorway to see Natasha and Bruce coming into her room.

"Nat?" Alaïa questioned if she was seeing things correctly. Alaïa hasn't seen Natasha in years, considering after what had happened between Tony and Steve. Alaïa noticed her blonde short hair which felt odd to Alaïa since she was used to seeing Natasha with her classic red hair.

Natasha came close to Alaïa and sat on the edge of her bed. "Hi kiddo," she began with a smile for the first time since the snap.

"How are you feeling?" Bruce asked, stepping closer to her, and removed the IV in her arm.

"Sore, but fine." Alaïa said removing her hand from her side. She looked outside her window to find it dark, and dirty. Never seeing the city having sunlight and not hearing a bunch of voices in the compound, Alaïa was confused.

"What happened? Where's Peter?" Alaïa asked them.

Their faces dropped remembering that Alaïa wasn't wake during the time of the snap. Bruce turned to Natasha giving her a surprised look.

Natasha reached for Alaïa's hand making Alaïa hesitant. "Where's Tony?" Alaïa asked again, she took a deep breath thinking of the worse letting her head drop, "please don't tell me Thanos won."

Natasha took a deep breath, "we actually don't know, you were the only one to return."

Alaïa looked up at them, and felt tears threatening to fall. She let go of Natasha's hand and placed her head in her hands feeling horrible. All that Alaïa wanted to do was scream. She couldn't wrap her head around how things just changed in a snap. She wiped her tears quickly and tried to get out of her bed.

Natasha and Bruce watch her in silence. They knew that it was a lot at once for Alaïa, and they know that Alaïa can fall into a dark place mentally. They would hate to see her downfall.

"Where are you going?" Bruce asked while Natasha reached for her just in case if she was going to fall.

"To find Peter and Tony," Alaïa said going towards the doorway slowly. Alaïa's body aches, due to everything that happened to her, but that didn't stop her.  "Doctor Strange was there too—with the girl with antenna's, and this dude who was very muscular."

Natasha gave Bruce a weird look, considering the fact that Alaïa just said that a girl has antennas made them worry for the girl. Alaïa made it into the dinning room where she found Pepper and Rhodey. Rhodey quickly went towards Alaïa while Natasha was holding her arm.

"Alaïa—you're okay." Rhodey said in relief while coming towards her.

"We need to get to the others on Thanos's home planet." She said looking at Rhodey.

"Others? You mean, you know where Tony, Peter and Doctor Strange are." Pepper asked standing up from the couch.

Alaïa nodded, "I have an idea on where they are."

A raccoon started to walk into the room, making Alaïa jump seeing a raccoon casually wear clothes, and walking on its two legs like it was normal. "Well, we can't go get them because I don't have a ship to get to Thanos' home planet." He stated, biting a piece of bread.