Part 2 "Stan Arrives"

I had plenty of time to think about the Makati Transfer during my flight, 18 hours to be precise. My nerves started to play up, I really had no idea what I got my self into. Sure, I knew that in 4 days my presence was expected in our Makati office. And I was clear what job I had to do but what freaked me out was the prospect of living with 5 other people.

In my student time I had shared houses before, never a room with another adult though. I was also getting nervous because I had no idea who I would meet and if we would 'click'.I fell in and out of sleep a lot and pondered on the last question I had answered in the application. "My ultimate goal?" I had answered "I want to be able to love again".

There was a lot of truth in that as my last 6 months had been like a love hell. My girlfriend of 4 years cheated with on me with my best friend. How can you even do such a thing as a woman or best friend? Why did this happen to me? It had played a big part in my departure, I needed space and new horizons.

As the airplane touched down in Manila, I felt a level of relieve. "Finally, here!" I thought

First impressions of your national Airport: Chaotic, busy and which taxi should I take....so easy to get lost!

Second impression: It's freaking hot here for a North European!

I found the taxi rank and to my surprise it only took me half an hour to Makati. The driver had to look for the address and it took a while before he pulled up in front of the right building.I paid the taxi fare and got out, what I noticed straight away was that the building was located in a lush environment, it reminded me of other South East Asian cities I had visited before. Though I did notice that during my taxi ride to Makati that Manila looked less polished.

In my email from "the Boss" it was explained that I could pick up the key from the concierge.He was easy to spot, an immaculate looking guy in a suit and white cap. When I introduced myself as "Stan" he said: "Sir Stan, we have been expecting you. Let me grab your key"I was surprised by this hospitality. The concierge handed me the key and smiled "Floor 12, Sir Stan, elevators to your left" he said.

I took the elevator up, soft background music was playing, and I looked at a sign in the elevator which read "pool hour hours from 8 am to 8 pm" and another sign that read "24 hour gym on level 6".

My body was tired after 18 hours of flying and all I could think of was a shower and a few hours of sleep.

The elevator doors opened, I walked out and could see that this level only had 2 apartments.

I looked at the key "1201" it read.

I opened the door and was absolutely amazed, this apartment looked extremely luxurious. What struck me was that the design was immaculate. I started to explore the kitchen, and noticed that all amenities were included, a dishwasher, a double door fridge and induction cooking.

The dining room had a large table and six chairs. I instantly knew that I would be spending a lot of time here with my new roommates. The contract mentioned we need to eat at least 3 or 3 times a week here.

I looked around in the whole apartment and noticed that I was the first one that had arrived, no suitcases and empty closets in both bedrooms. I had hoped that I would be last to arrive, that somehow seemed like an easier entry for me. Now I had to wait, wait for how long? What on who?

What I did know very quickly that I loved this apartment, sure, both the girls and boys room had to be shared but the design of the rooms instantly took my initial concerns away. There was still enough space to have some level of privacy.

This was definitely upper class living in the Philippines, I had no idea how expensive this apartment was as it was paid for by my company. I will attach some pictures.

I decided to unpack some of my clothing and take a shower. The shower has great, my body relaxed. I needed it so badly. I dried myself and put on a black boxer short and white t shirt before crashing down on one of the beds in what I assumed was the boy's bedroom.

After what must have been a few hours I suddenly heard a soft but firm female voice saying "Hello, anybody home??.....Hello anybody??"