Part 19 "Dan drops a massive bombshell"

I didn't see Dan a lot during the next week, I just got the occasional text message about what he planned for the weekend.

What I understood from his plan was that we would fly to Cebu at 7 pm on Friday night, and would fly back to Manila on Sunday 4pm. He asked me to bring a suit and tie and to get a haircut this week. His requests seemed odd but given Dan had paid for the flight tickets I complied with every request.

I met Dan that Friday night at the airport. He smiled and said; "Trust me you will not forget this weekend anytime soon".

We landed later that evening in Cebu and had a good night out with just the 2 of us. Dan seemed to be having a good time away from his usual busy life style. We stayed in a 5-star hotel overlooking the water.

I woke up Saturday morning at 11am and noticed I had a text message from Dan. "Please meet me at 7pm sharp in the Bellefonte restaurant, wear your suit and look good!"

Dan texted me the address shortly thereafter. I was slightly confused as I didn't know what Dan's intentions were or what party or function I would be attending tonight.

I played it cool and replied "Yes sure, see you at 7 pm"

I had a swim in the afternoon and rested a bit in anticipation of wat could be another big night out with Dan. I got dressed at 6 pm and made my way to the Bellefonte restaurant, I looked expensive and exclusive. A staff member of the restaurant was waiting at the door and just about when I was going to say "I don't have a reservation, I am waiting for my friend" the staff member looked at me and smiled "Mister Stan please follow me"

I was being guided to s private dining room and to my surprise Dan was sitting there in his shorts and t shirt. The room had a huge window and was overlooking a small garden leading towards the front shore.

"What's going on Dan. Where is your suit" I said with a smile.

"Come sit down Stan"

Dan smiled and said "I will not be having dinner with you tonight"

I was confused

"Stan, "It's been 3 months that we have stayed in the Makati Transfer"

I nodded

"Miki reached his goal to openly admit he is gay, Jin reached her goal by overcoming her fears, Jean reached her goal to transition into civilian life and Daisy reached her goal by carving out a career"

"Yes...and?" I responded.

"I have a feeling you will reach your goal tonight Stan"

I looked at Dan and said "That is hard for you to say given you don't know what my goal is"

Dan smiled and said "You will be able to love again my friend"

My heart jumped for a second, how did Dan know what my goal was? All Makati Transfer applications were treated as confidential we were not allowed to mention to our roommates what our goals where

I responded to Dan in a serious voice "How"

I was not mentally prepared for what Dan, my roommate for 3 month said next.

"Stan, I am going to give you a lot of information in just 1 minute. I am the Makati Transfer. I own the apartment. I selected you all. I have known your goals since day 1 and have pushed everyone in the right direction as much as I could because one simple reason. I will achieve my goal of happiness when other people achieve their goals"

I was gob smacked.

Dan stood up and touched my shoulder as he left to private dining room "It's your day Stan, you have given the most, your advice, friendship, humor and openness have not gone unnoticed"

My head was spinning as I was sitting alone in the private dining room.

I stood up from my chair and just as I was about to open the sliding door it opened by itself.

The door widened, and I saw her standing right in front of me. It was another shock, so far from Makati, how did she get here?

Her black dress was a perfect fit, her eyes were looking at me with care and love.

I didn't know how this happened, but it was Jin.

Seeing her here at this moment in front of me made me realise that Dan was right.

I loved her.