Part 15 "Jean's transition"

The next week was filled with emotions.

5 had become 4 and our apartment had become noticeable quieter, I missed Jin's bright spark as well as Miki's dry sense of humour.

On the flip side the toilet and shower facilities were noticeably less busy.

My work had not slowed down, having said that I was on top of all my project and had become pretty good friends with most of my colleagues. I often had after work drinks with them and by now I had become very familiar with Manilla. I knew where to shop, where to party, where to have fun. I really loved Makati it was a convenient place to live, apart from the never ending traffic of course.

I also looked forward to the wet season, until now it had been hot and humid. I wanted to experience a wet period in this part of the world.

The big news this week was that Jean was invited to the job interview for a personal assistant I had mentioned to her last week. I was over the moon with that news as I knew that she really wanted to enter the corporate world.

That evening Dan and I rehearsed the job interview over and over again with Jean. We wanted to give her the best chance of success. I made sure that Jean understood what our business was about and how she could best articulate the challenges and opportunities of our industry. Dan had some good points on how she could sell her army skills and apply them in a business environment.

Jean started to laugh and said "I think you guys are more nervous for this job interview then I am, but really your help is much appreciated"

We ended the night with a good glass of wine after which I took a shower. As I looked at myself naked in the mirror I was shocked at how tired I looked. My eyes had black circles and I couldn't help to notice that I gained some weight.

As I was laying in my bed I started to reflect in my time with Daisy. I realised that after the short conversations I had with her in the last couple of weeks that she was not my dream woman. Daisy was a good girl, but I think our lives were too different and we just wanted different things in life. I had no hard feelings about it, but I couldn't help to feel lonely.

Just at that point in time my phone gave a buzz indicating a message had arrived. I typed in my password and noticed it was a text message from Jin "Miss me yet? Lol. How are you going. We should catch up sometimes"

I smiled and quickly replied "Anytime, anywhere, anyplace Jin"

We exchanged some more text before agreeing to meet in 2 weeks time.

I had a short chat with Dan the next morning, he had been very busy with the opening of his new shop. I hardly saw him apart from our communal dinners.

I also had a gym session with Jean this week. I knew these sessions were good for me, but I never fully enjoyed my time with Jean in the gym. She was a hard task master. The amount of cardio, lifting and cardio made my heart race plus made me sweat profusely.

As we took a short break in the middle of the session Jean suddenly turned her head towards me and said; "You are a good guy Stan, thanks for arranging this job interview for me. I know that its good experience even if I do not get the job. I had my doubts about living with a westerner in one apartment, but I am so happy I have met you."

I wanted to say something meaningful, but I was so out of breath and could only say "Don't worry about it" with a short wave.