Part 13 "Jin sows a seed of love"

I had to rush home that Friday, I had promised Jin that I would support her by attending her gig in the largest venue she had ever sung.

Traffic was horrendous as usual, and I decided to walk to last bit of my journey to make sure I arrived at 8pm, her starting time. I was hoping to have a chat with Jin before she entered the stage, but I was too late. Slightly guilty I walked over to the bar and ordered a beer. A cool pre-cooled glass of Heineken is just what I needed now, I had finished a busy week and couldn't wait to see Jin perform.

It was 8 am sharp when Jin entered the stage, I could not believe my eyes. I had known Jin to walk around casually in micky mouse pyjamas while making smoothies, but what I saw here was jaw dropping. Jin was wearing a tight black dress; her hair was straightened and most importantly she looked comfortable and confident on the stage.

I reflected on the conversation we had on her stage fright, I couldn't notice it. To be honest what I saw was a with confidence.

"Good evening all, I am here to sing a few songs for you tonight. My name is Jin" she said with a smile to the audience before singing a whole repertoire of upbeat love songs and rock classics.

Jin saw me half way her first set as our eyes locked for a second, we both smiled.

I heard people talking around me how impressed they were with her voice, I couldn't help to feel very proud.

I didn't see Jin in between her 2 sets as she remained back stage. I did receive a text message from her "So happy you are here, it means a lot to me"

At 11 pm as Jin finished her gig she addressed the audience for the last time. "Ladies and Gentlemen, I hope you enjoyed tonight as much as I did. I have a few people to thank. First of all "Club 101" for allowing me to sing at their venue". The audience applauded as Jin continued "Second of all I want to thank you. You have been a great audience tonight and I hope to see you again as from now on I will be singing here every first and third Friday of the month" Jin paused for a second and looked towards me "And finally I want to thank a very special friend of mine who gave me the confidence to stand here tonight" Jin said.

I instantly knew what she meant, I felt a great admiration for Jin and felt close to her. But I was not prepared for what she said next.

Jin voice trembled slightly and said "I have achieved my goal of standing here at a large venue, I see you all soon....thank you so much"

Jin bowed to the audience and walked of the stage as people applauded and cheered her.

My head looked down for a couple of seconds I realised the impact of Jin's words. Tonight was Jin's thank you to me but also a farewell.

Jin found me a little bit later and as she approached me I opened my arms, Jin gave me a long tight hugg. I could feel she was emotional, all I could do was hold her. I was incredible happy that she had achieved her goal, but at the same time I was so sad because we both knew what this meant.

"I will be having my last meal with all of you tomorrow night" Jin said in a soft voice. We had another drink and took a grab home.

As we got home I plunged myself on the sofa, Jin took a shower and went to sleep.

As I was almost falling asleep I heard the front door opening. It was Dan and Jean coming into the apartment laughing and seemingly having a good time.

Jean and Dan joined me in the living room. Jean said "Are you alright Stan? you look terrible".

I nodded "Just tired". I didn't want to tell them how sad I felt that Jin is leaving us tomorrow.

As I was looking as Jean I was suddenly reminded of a conversation I had at work earlier in regards to a personal assistant position to the General Manager of our operations team. The lady in Human Resources had forwarded the job description and I was keen to share this with Jean.

As I was scrolling through my phone Jean got slightly impatient. "What did you want to show me Stan" she said? I found the email and forwarded it as an attachment to Jean's telephone.

As she opened it she looked with a smile but quickly slight concerned. "Do you really think I could do this job" she said.

Dan had a look though the job description and started to read out the key requirements for this job "punctual, good time management skills, attention to detail, high energy".

"It seems to me they are looking for an ex army person" Dan laughed. "We will help you prep for the interview!"