Part 14 "Boys talk"

I had to wake up early the next day as I had promised Dan to help out refurbishing his new shop in Quezon. We left home at 7 am and drove in his car filled with tools and paint. "What's happening in your life Stan" Dan asked,

I sighed and sighed again. Dan laughed and said, "Is Manila consuming you yet?"

"I have some issues with friends leaving the Makati Transfer, Jin will be leaving us tomorrow". Dan had heard the news from Jin earlier in the morning. "Yes I am sad to see her go to, but it was inevitable given her growth in the last few weeks. Her confidence to sing at the large venue yesterday means she reached her goal. We all knew what we signed up for"

I could only agree.

"And Daisy?" Dan asked.

"I had a great weekend with Daisy a couple of weeks ago but to be honest she has been cold towards me since we came back. But I guess we both have been busy, and I didn't want to push her too far. And to be honest I worry about how compatible we are."

Dan's tone became more serious "Stan, I don't think Daisy has intentions for a long-term relationship. She is trying to advance her modelling career and at the same time she is partying non-stop. There are nights when she is not sleeping at home and you have to wonder where she is"

Jean had told me something similar before, but I somehow didn't want to think about what she was doing and with who.

Dan continued: "Daisy's ambitions are in the entertainment industry, a full-time relationship might not work for her at this point in her life"

My stomach turned, and I felt the weight of my emotions. I was happy when Micki achieved his goal, I somehow had trouble being happy with Jin achieving hers.

"And you and Jean looked to be having a good time last night when you came home" I teasingly said to Dan.

Dan replied "Jean has been good to me, she has been helping me with my business plan. To be honest she is not very good in business but I very smart in setting up plans and milestones. We had a 5-hour working meeting over a nice dinner and a bottle of wine. She is a friend, nothing more"

I was happy to hear that as in the first view weeks I could sense there was abit of tension between Dan and Jean.

We arrived at Dan's new shop and I was surprised to see that Dan had invited 4 more friends to help. We worked hard that day, we painted his whole shop white. We installed mirrors and a check out area as well as dressing 4 dressing rooms. I enjoyed the physical labour, I finally felt that something constructive was coming out of my hands as my work in the office had been frustrating and slow moving in the last couple of weeks.

On our way back we picked up 2 six pack of beer and 2 bottles of Champaign for Jin's farewell dinner.

As we got home Jean and Daisy were already preparing Jin's farewell dinner in the kitchen.

Daisy gave me a quick hug and we had a short conversation about the last week. She told me she had been busy with a photoshoot and had been extremely busy with other promotional activities.

We sat around the table as Jean served Jin last mean. Peking Duck, Stir Friend Mongolian Beef, Salt and Pepper Fish and 2 stir friend vegetable dishes. Jean and Daisy had cooked a whole Chinese buffet to honour Jin tonight.

We had a great mean with a lot of laughs at previous conversations, occurred situations and misunderstanding between us. Towards the end of the meal Jin raised her glass "To the Makati Transfer, everyone gave something to me. My confidence has grown. I have achieved my goal. I can control my stage fright, I will never stop singing now"

We all stood up cheered and applauded. It was Jin's night, she was graceful, thankful and I realised I would miss her so much.