5

after that day at the boardwalk ethan and i talk and hang out a lot. he's quickly become my bestfriend.

every single time we hang out he always asks me to sing for him. and everytime he does i'm less and less hesitant to do it.

i find myself feeling guilty though. when i'm with ethan the sadness of all the death and despair in my life washes away. i haven't cried over jackson or my mom in a month.

i feel bad for not thinking about jackson. even though this is what he would've wanted for me.

happiness.

i pull myself out of my thoughts and back into reality. its currently friday night, and i'm trying to to my homework since i don't have anything else to do.

my phone buzzes, so i pick it up.

ethan: do you by chance have any plans for tonight?

me: nope, just homework.

ethan: good, i'll be at your house in 15.

i smile and head to my closet to pick out something to wear. i decide on ripped jeans and a plain black long sleeve shirt.

i hear a car pull up outside, and i assume its ethan. my feet quickly carry me downstairs, and i grab the door handle.

i walk out to his car, and he rolls down the window.

"you ready to have fun?" he says unlocking the door. i chuckle and nod, getting into the passengers  seat.

before he start driving, he eagerly hands me the aux cord implying he wants me to play music. i roll my eyes playfully and plug it in.

"what are feeling tonight? tame impala? old school bruno?" i ask.

"surprise me." he says putting the car in drive.

i was in the mood for posthumous forgiveness by tame impala.

i sang along. ethan hummed along occasionally looking over at me.

ethan eventually joined me singing and we finished out the song together laughing.

"you choose next" i say looking at him.

"can you play 'cause i'm a man? it's one of my favorite songs by tame." he says.

"definitely one of his best songs on currents." i agreed while pulling up the song.

ethan turned the volume dial up and started singing.

the soul healing chorus was about to come up so i got onto snapchat and got ready to record ethan and i.

i hold the phone up in front of ethan and i and he looks at it smiling.

"CAUSE IM A MAN, WOMAN" we both sang loudly.

"DONT ALWAYS THINK BEFORE I DO!" i started to laugh making ethan laugh too.

so far, just riding in the car listening to music has made some of the best memories of my life. and it's been a little over a month.

"and we're here." ethan says i look out at the scenery and wow. the sun was almost completely set, making the sky pink and orange.

ethan brought me to the beach. the sun looked like it was about to be completely submerged in the water. it was beautiful.

*flashback*

"come on sophia, you and i both need to get out of the house. no need to waste whatever time i have left moping around." he hugs me and fight off the tears brimming my eyes, threatening to fall.