24

i woke up the next morning still in a rut. but i wanted to see grayson so today i got ready and drove over to his house.

i knocked on the door 3 times before bringing my hand back down to my side. i was happy and smiling excepting grayson to answer the door.

haha. nope.

a tired, bed head, ethan opened the door and did a double take when he realized who it was.

his eyes flashed with happiness to sadness to stone cold. that honestly scared me not going to lie.

"here for grayson i assume?" his husky voice spoke damn- NO WHAT?

"uh yeah i-i am." i say softly. he moves out of the way and lets me into the house. normally he would stomp off but he didn't. he was still standing there. i looked hot confused and he spoke.

"listen- the other day when we were fighting and i yelled at you, i wasn't going to hurt you. i would never ever hit you sophia." he said. his face was actually the soft nice one that i liked so much.

"i know, i don't know why i flinched honestly." i said.

"i'm really sorry. i don't know why i got so upset and i was an absolute dick to you. and for that i'm really sorry." he says.

"it's okay e. i forgive you. i'm sorry for yelling at you and i guess since we're on speaking terms again i should tell you what's going on. no lies." i sighed, sitting on the stool to the bar that looked through to the kitchen. "grayson and i didn't have anything going on before new years. i was actually hung up on someone else at the time." i paused scared that i accidentally said that.

"but he kissed me because we both didn't have a new years kiss. and then we both realized we might've felt something. so yesterday we went on a date, and now we're trying things out as more than friends. that's the whole truth as of right now. so i promise you eth, i was never lying to you. this is all new." he nods and looks down.

"you okay?" i ask him confused.

"uh yeah. just one question?" i nod my head. "you said you were hung up on someone. you never told me you had feelings for anyone, who was it?" my heart dropped.

thank god i heard foot steps on the stairs signaling that grayson was downstairs.

"oh hey baby." he said wrapping his arms around me from behind. i look at ethan and his face expression is unreadable.

and somehow i feel....caught? like i feel like he caught me cheating or something. i'm not dating ethan so no clue as to why i feel this way but this situation is NOT it.

"hey gray" i say softly. grayson kisses my cheek and ethan gets up.

"well uh, i'm glad we're okay again soph. i uhh have fun?" he said as more of a question. i could tell he felt really awkward.

hell, i did too. grayson calling me baby was very weird to hear.

"i didn't know you were coming over" grayson said taking a seat where ethan was.

"oh yeah sorry i was bored and wanted to see you." i explained. he nodded and smiled.

"you wanna go out or watch movies or something?" he asks.

"movies sounds good" we both got up and grabbed my hand, leading me to his room. on the way we pass ethans room across the hall from graysons. ethans door was open and he was sitting at his desk writing.

i wonder what he's writing about. wait no stop.

"okay so what kind of movie would you like to watch?" he asked crashing onto his bed. i followed laying next to him.

"you mind watch romance?" i asked, knowing boys don't normally like that type of stuff.

"not at all" he clicks a couple buttons and puts on a romance movie. i actually happened to love this movie. to all the boys ive loved before ps i still love you.

(A/N: john ambrose deserved better smh)

we ended up just laying together and watching movies for a few hours until we both got bored of it. we talked half way through the last movie anyways and didn't even pay attention.

"i'm movied out" i say. grayson nods in agreement and turns off the tv.

i lay closer to grayson and we just talk softly about whatever. there's a moment of quietness before we both lean in and press our lips together.

soon enough we're back where we were a week ago. grayson slightly moves on top of me. my hands grab onto the sides of his face to hold the kiss longer. one of graysons arms holding him up on the side of my head and the other is head tightly on my side.

"hey grayson do you have- oh shit i-i'm sorry" ethan bursts into the room and backs out quickly, shutting the door. grayson groans and moves from on top of me.

i mentally face palm at the embarassment i feel of ethan catching us doing that.

grayson walks out of the room to talk to ethan and comes back.

"damn he really ruined the mood." he says chuckling.

"no kidding" i say lightly laughing.

-

when i decide to leave i pass ethan on the couch downstairs watching south park.

"i'm guessing you had fun today." he says stifling a laugh.

"ha ha very funny e. nothing happened past what you saw." i say, kind of thankfully?

"sorry about that." he says truthfully.

"nah it's okay i wasn't ready for all that anyways." he nods and i turn to leave.

"hey soph?" i turn back around to face ethan once again. his beautiful eyes shine as he talks.

"i take back what i said about tame impala. i still really wanna go with you." he says.

"i was never gonna go without you." i say smiling at him he hugs me and i smile breathing in. UGH that damn cologne.

i gotta get out of here.

i said goodbye to him and drove home. something IS. NOT. RIGHT. but i just don't know what it is.

——
A/N: i do and so does everyone else BUT sophia will come to her senses at some point.