48

i wake up to the light pouring in through the windows of the room and lay still for a minute.

anything new? i ask myself referring to anything new i've managed to remember.

nothing.

i sigh and get up, putting on some comfy shorts and an oversized t-shirt.

after brushing my teeth and hair, washing my face, and applying some chapstick, i walk out of the room and down the stairs.

i start to smell the aroma of pancakes and bacon and i smile. yum.

i see ethan standing at the stove, making what i assume is breakfast.

"need any help?" i ask. i guess i startled him because i slightly jump and turned around to me.

"oh um- goodmorning. and not really i'm almost done." he says. i nod and look down.

"you know you don't have to feel like you're walking on eggshells when you talk to me, right?" i say, addressing his general over cautiousness when speaking to me.

"i-i'm not" he says not looking me in the eye. i kinda feel like he does that whenever he lies. i don't know if that's a memory or an observation.

"ethan speaking to me won't break me. i want to talk to you. i want to remember." he looks back up at me and nods.

"what's the last thing you remember before getting hurt?" he asks. hm i never thought about it.

"umm i don't know, i guess i'd have to think about it." i say. i pause and think. i remember new years, i remember dating grayson, i remember breaking up with him, but i don't know why.

"that last thing i can remember is the day grayson and i broke up. i don't remember why, but i do vividly remember not being sad, but relieved." i say looking up at ethan confused. "how far behind am i?" i ask.

"well," he starts turn off the stove since the food was made. "you're missing prom and spring break so maybe about a month or two?" he finishes.

"oh...god this sucks." i say holding my head.

i feel wthan place his hand on my shoulder and my body buzzes in that spot. butterflies erupt in my stomach making my swallow hard.

"you're gonna get through this soph." he says. i smile up at him and he pulls me into a hug. the butterflies never stop and i smile.

god please let me start gaining my feelings back for him. and soon.

we release from the hug and ethan looks down at me and matches our eyes together. his eyes are truly gorgeous. so is every other feature on his perfect face.

i see him glance down to my lips but quickly clear his throat turning away. i feel a ping of sadness hit my heart because i wanted him to kiss me.

"uh well breakfast is ready. i made pancake and bacon, and there's also fruit in the fridge if you'd like it." he says grabs a plate. i nod and start grabbing food to eat.

"did grayson go on his morning run?" i ask referring to his absence.

"yep" ethan says. i'm surprised i remember that honestly.

"so grayson told me that you got me tame impala tickets for my birthday..." i start.

"yeah.." he says.

"can we both still go? you and me?" i ask. he smiles a beautiful smile and nods.

"you have no idea how happy i am to hear you say that." i giggle and continue eating my food.

we talk a little more while eating and eventually grayson comes home and we all just talk.

later that night grayson decided to go to sleep early since he was tired. i got bored in my room so i debated doing something.

is ethan awake?

i waffle whether going and knocking on his door is a good idea; after some thought and self convincing, i find myself waling up to his door.

my small hand placed three soft knocks on his door. he opens it and looks at me.

"hey soph what's up?" he says moving out of the way and letting me enter his room.

"i was just bored and thinking...you mentioned yesterday that something you and i did was watch south park together. so i was wondering if maybe you wanted to-"

"YES- uh i mean yeah i would love to." ethan cuts me off excitedly and i chuckle. he grabs the remote to his tv that sits across from his bed and turns it on.

i sit down on the bed next to him while he navigates to south park.

once he finds it he sends to remote in his lap, while getting comfortable. i sit awkwardly not knowing what do and ethan notices.

"come here." he says quietly and motions for me to lay on him. i slowly move to him and lay with him.

i cant explain it, but this right here? it feels so right.

———
A/N: double update bc PERIODT. also i felt bad because right now at this point in the book i'm a ti ll trying time frame the ending SO there's going to be some semi boring chapters. and i'm SORRY.

okay well i hope enjoyed the cuties at the end.

ILY.

VOTE PLS.