14

grayson parks the car and we get out. ethan and melody are here as well, but considering the mall is so big there's a not much of a chance we'll run into each other.

"okay ladies first" grayson offers as we enter the extremely large complex.

"i dare you...." i pause looking around for ideas while thinking. "i dare you to go up the that lady in the blue shirt and ask her to punch you." i say stifling my giggle.

"oh so we're starting off easy huh."

"someone's cocky." i raise my eyebrows playfully.

"no i'm just good at this game." he says pretending to flip long hair that he doesn't have. i chuckle and watch as he goes to complete the dare.

the woman was probably in her mid to late 20s, and she was with another woman. grayson approaches them getting a confused look from both of the girls.

after grayson pops the question, the two girls look at each other and start laughing. the girl in the blue shrugs and lightly hits graysons jaw.

he walks away and comes back to me.

"done and done." he says proudly. i chuckle.

"your turn." i say.

"okay ummmm" he begins to think, looking around for ideas as well when his face lights up. "i dare you to go ask the donut shop guy for his number." grayson finger slightly pointed at the donut shop run by a senior who goes to our school.

"grayson, no WAY. he goes to our school, that's so embarassing." i say dreading the dare.

"do it or buy me 6 donuts." he says crossing his arms childishly.

"fine but only because i know you won't share them." i say turning around and walking over to the guy who goes to our school.

"hey, hayes right?" i ask making sure i had the right name. he turns his head to me and flashes a friendly smile.

"that's me!" he says happily. "what can i do for ya?" he smiles.

"i uh was gonna ask for your number?" i say as more of an unsure question. hayes chuckles and nods his head. i hand his my phone and he puts his contact in.

"i thought you were dating dolan" he says referring to ethan.

"oh, uh, no i'm not." i say. he nods. a costumer walks up and he turn his head to them.

"duty calls." he says with a smile.

"bye hayes" i smile at him while waving.

"bye" he says while return the smile. and then tending to the costumer.

i walk back over to grayson and show him the contact info in my phone.

"boom bitch" i say. grayson shakes his head.

"you we over there for a while soph, are you sure you didn't actually end up wanting his number for real?" he says jokingly.

"actually he was extremely sweet so i don't know, maybe."

it's been about an hour, and grayson and i gave up on the game. both of us are stubborn and did every. single. dare. so we both decided to just talk and walk around.

grayson told me a joke that he heard a while ago that was probably one of the most cheesiest jokes EVER but it was still hilarious.

i burst out into a fit of laughter slightly leaning into grayson from laughing so hard. grayson begins to laugh at me, because i found it so funny.

well i look up i'm met with ethan looking over extremely confused grayson and i. i lightly wave wiping a tear from under my eye. i was still kind of leaning into grayson, but not really. i decided to stand back up and continue walking.

we told jokes and stories from our childhoods, for a few more hours before deciding to go home. grayson dropped me back off at the school to get my car, and then i drove to my house.

when i got there, my dad wasn't home as usual but when i opened the fridge there was some chick-fil-a chicken nuggets and ranch sauce sitting on the top shelf. i smile and grab the food.

somehow grayson and i never ended up getting food, so i was STARVING. i open my text messages and text my dad a quick 'thank you' for the food.

then i decided that i could maybe text hayes. yolo.

me- hey it's sophia

hayes- oh hey
hayes- honestly didn't expect you to actually text me😭

me- why not?

hayes- normally when people ask me for my number it's for a joke so i just assumed that was the case haha

me- it was a dare but ur sweet so i'm glad i got that dare :)

hayes and i continue to talk for a little while, until i get a text from ethan and grayson. twins even text at the same time. weird.

grayson- i had fun today :)

me- me too.
me- how about we make wednesday's our designated hangout day.

grayson- SO DOWN.

me- ok BET.

i chuckle and open ethans next.

ethan- saw u at the mall today lol

me- i saw u too ya dork i waved at you

ethan- i know i saw lmao

me- ur acting weird, what's up?

ethan- nothing just confused

me- how so?

ethan- are you and grayson a thing?

me- LMFAO
me- NO
me- e you KNOW me i'm not the dating type, nor do i see your brother like that

ethan- oh

me- what made you think that?

ethan- when i saw u guys you were awfully close with him and he made you laugh so hard that u cried. idk just looked lowkey coupley

me- is someone dare i say...... jealous?

ethan- what?
ethan- no of course not
ethan- i have a girlfriend i'm not jealous soph
ethan- i was just curious

that lowkey stung

me- e i was kidding i know you're not jealous

ethan- oh okay

the conversation ended there, extremely awkward. i brushed it off and went to bed.

———
A/N: this chapter was lowkey boring sorry