23

it's been about 2 days since grayson and i decided to try to be more than just friends. ethan refuses to look or speak to either of us which was childish and immature.

today was wednesday and we didn't have school because of a holiday. so grayson said we were gonna go out on our first date.

it's just like when we usually hang out right? i'm nervous for no reason. how do i date? fuck.

i decide to wear black leggings with a white sweater and my af1s. i then straightened my hair, and put mascara on. i remember ethan told me once that i look pretty without a makeup, and i wanna look good. so i only put on mascara and someone chapstick.

i heard my phone vibrate on my dresser, making me walk over and pick it up.

1 text messages from gray

gray- i'm hereeee

me- coming

gray- oh i'll wait

me- GRAYSON LMFAO

i start laughing and head for the door. my hand grips the cold doorknob and i pull it open.

my eyes set on grayson chuckling at his phone and leaning against his car. once he noticed i was there he speaks.

"thought i was gonna have to wait a couple minutes" he jokes.

"oh hush. plus it wouldn't be just a couple of minutes ." i wink at him. IT WAS A JOKE

"oh uh" he says clearing his throat clearly taken off guard.

"kidding gray" i said and we both laugh.

"so, where we off to?" i ask. his hand lazily steers the car as he keeps his eyes on the road.

"i was thinking maybe dinner and a walk downtown?" i smile and nodded.

"sounds fun." i agree.

we listen to music on the way there not talking much, which was weird since we normally talk ALOT when we are hanging out.

grayson parks the car in front of a really cute diner in the city and we walk in.

"booth for two?" the waiter asks us. we both nod and grayson places his hand on the small of my back.

we follow the waiter to the booth and take a seat.

"what would you both like to drink?" he asks.

"i'll have a sprite" i answer.

"i'll take a root beer." grayson answers. the waiter nods and walks off to get our drinks.

at first the conversation struggles but we both finally break the awkward silence. somehow we got onto the topic of tiny homes. grayson is obsessed with that shit.

"no like actually it would be coolest thing like EVER." he says over exaggerating. i chuckle.

"a tiny home. on the beach. THATS the coolest thing ever?" i ask. he nods with a wide smile. "what if the tide goes high? the bitch will just float away." i say laughing.

"i don't know about you but i'm a master builder, so i would find a way to make it indestructible." i laugh at his statement and he chuckles.

once we finish our food he drives to a public parking area and we both get out of the car. there's a small breeze of cool air blowing around making the air calm.

i feel grayson reach for my hand and lock our fingers together i smile and begin to get nervous. this is first "coupley" type thing we've done all night. and it's kinda awkward.

"can i ask you something?" grayson speaks up.

"sure." i say looking over at him.

"how did you deal with loosing jackson?" he asks. he must be asking because of his dad.

"i didn't take it well at all. considering i lost my mom a year prior. but honestly if your asking what i did to help heal the pain, i met you and ethan. honestly surrounding yourself with people you care about is the only way to get through it." i say honestly.

grayson lightly smiles at me causing me to be confused.

"what?" i ask with a light smile on my face.

"nothing you're just beautiful." he says. i smile looking down and blush a small bit. when i look back up graysons eyes are still on me. he glances at my lips and i look at his. and before you know it we're both leaning in and out lips touch.

it was a sweet kiss but something is off. i don't know. when we release i smile at him and we continue walking and talking.

the time began to grow later and later, making our date come to an end. we had walked back to graysons car and he drove me back to my house.

"i had fun, thanks gray" he nods as we make our way to my doorstep.

"how about again on saturday if you're free? we can maybe a catch a movie or something." he smiles.

"sounds fun." he smiles and leans in to kiss me again. our lips meet and i again feel like something is off. he's an amazingly sweet guy and i still feel something but i don't know why this feels off.

we release and say our goodbyes. i enter my house and go straight up to my room.

just sleep it off i guess.

———
A/N: a filler i'm SORRY