19

i exit the bathroom and walk to my first period. once i reach the door i take a deep breath and open it. i quickly wipe the tears that fell off my eyes and go to sit down.

my seat is next to ethan so i cringe when he stares me down. i guess he saw me wipe my eyes because the words just tumbled out of his mouth.

"are you okay? why are you crying? is it because of me? i'm so so sorry soph." he says worried.

"it's not you ethan, don't worry. i'm not mad at you i promise. i never was. i'm fine, e." i say weakly smiling. ethan shakes his head refusing what i said.

"no, i can tell when you're not fine. what happened?" he asks, this time grabbing my hand.

"melody said some harsh shit and i believe her. because she's right. and i was so upset that all i wanted was my brother. so this morning i put on his hoodie and basically had a whole mental breakdown in the car. it's just been a rough couple of days." i explained. ethans eyes softened as he hugged me.

"it's gonna be okay. everything will be okay soph i'm here for you always." he softly says into my hair.

luckily the class was just talking the teacher wasn't here yet. otherwise this would've been awkward.

grayson and i talked in 4th period and i told him why i went ghost and he understood. he doesn't really know as much about jackson as ethan does, but he knows enough to understand.

7th period.

"okay after class you are coming over and we're gonna hang out and cheer you up." he asked- well demanded.

"okay" i chuckle a little.

once the bell had rung, ethan packed his stuff up and we both walked out the door. i followed him to his car, and we drove to his house.

i asked grayson if he wanted to hang today too, but he made plans with his friends to hang out.

"so i feel like we haven't had a real conversation in a while." ethan breaks the silence.

"yeah, we both kinda seperated for a little bit there..." i added.

"i'm sorry about that." he paused making me look over at him. "melody told me not to talk to you anymore. she said she was scared that i would leave her for you. now i realize that she was lying because she never cared, but i'm really sorry." ethan explains.

"eth it's okay. how are you holding up?" i ask.

"pretty well. i think since we weren't together for very long it didn't fuck with me that much. it hasn't been hard to move on either. i feel like her and i had no connection at all anyways." i nodded my head and we continued to talk.

we pulled into his driveway and parked the car. he unlocked the front door and led us in.

we both went up to his room and crashed on his bed.

"man i'm fucking tired." i say.

"you want me to do the thing where i play with your hair so u can fall asleep?" he asks. bro how can i NOT have feelings for this softie.

"yes please" i smile turning on my side, facing the door.

"you can lay on me if you want." ethan says behind me. i would love that but i also know that this is just gonna cause more feelings. yolo😳?

i lay my head on his chest and his hand find its way into my hair. i don't know what kind of magic he has but i got sleep almost instantly. i felt myself dose off and fall asleep.

———-
A/N: cute lil filler.