sixteen: niall

It's nine in the morning now. Nothing else to do but stay at home and try to fill my mind with the first thing that I can think about. Although Harry is better at this than me.

But he's not here to prove it. He went to the Columbia Records branch here in L.A. to set up some shit about his debut album that will come out to the world in April. He refuses to show me the songs, saying "it's not done yet" or "it's a surprise" or "none of the songs are about you, so why are you in a hurry to listen to it?". The last one is a fact, I must admit. Since we only started our relationship a couple of days ago, of course he could not be able to write a whole album in such a short time.

(At least normal people don't generally do that. I still don't know if Harry is like them.)

After replying to some fans on Twitter and posting a home picture just to make people sure that I'm alive, I decide to watch some TV to make time pass faster - which is something that definitely does not happen. Good Morning America just doesn't seem the right show to watch today. Neither the morning news.

Hell yeah, SpongeBob SquarePants. A marathon. Seems perfect.

When Harry comes home, I had already fell asleep on the couch, my mouth wide open and loud snores coming from my throat. I only realize the scene I'm in when he starts laughing so much that it seems impossible for me not to wake up with his noise. I get up on a sudden move, wiping the drool dripped from my mouth while he still laughs.

"Morning, sweetie", he says, winking at me and taking his grocery bags to the kitchen.

"You came earlier than you said", I point it out, walking right behind him.

"No fight with executives today", Harry answers me, putting the bags on the marble counter. "We have the rest of the day for ourselves. If you want to."

"I watched SpongeBob to kill my time, Harold. I don't just want to do something, I need to", my words make him blurt out a laugh again.

"So dramatic."

"I'm not!"

"I love SpongeBob. You make it look like it's a bad thing to watch it."

"I'm a fucking adult. I should be watching adult things."

"You watched the whole box set of Doctor Who with me on the tour bus, sweetheart." Okay. I think I'm going to melt with his pet names. Control yourself, Horan.

"I had nothing else to do!"

"Now you're saying everything we lived there was just because you were bored?"

"N-n-nope", I choke a bit. Idiot. "You know I'm not saying that, Haz."

"I'm just kidding, babe", he smirks, wrapping his hands behind my neck and kissing my forehead. "Don't be so nervous. You know I do these things."

"You scare me to death every time you put me against the wall like this."

"Like this? Or..." His hands lead me to the kitchen's wall. Shit. "Like this?"

"Bad boy. We need to cook the lunch first."

"Are you that hungry?" Harry raises an eyebrow. "Because I think your stomach can wait."

"I don't think so", I answer, letting go of his grip on my neck. "Come on, Harry, I need to eat!"

He smiles at me once my fingers find his wrists, leading him back to the counter.

"You look so fucking pretty when you're hungry, Niall."

"Such weird words to say, huh?"

☸☸

"Niall."

"Yeah?"

"You're perfect."

"Why are you saying that?"

"Because I feel like I need to tell you everyday that you're perfect."

I grin. Right now we're on my bed, the only light in the room coming from the light pole on the outside, illuminating the windows and the left side of Harold's face.

"You don't have to", I say, caressing his cheekbone with my index finger. "I already feel better being with you, somehow."

"What do you mean with 'somehow'?" He asks.

"I never though I'd have such deep feelings for my bandmate, you know", I grin with the memories coming back to my mind. "I never thought you could like me back, in fact. I never thought I would feel so much better just with all the cuddling thing we always do. I never thought this could be more than a dream. There are a lot of things that I never thought that could happen to me simply because I can't stop myself from believing I don't deserve it all."

He tilts his head a bit, looking at me with a confusing face. Suddenly his arms are all over my waist, and my face is hidden on his chest.

"I wish you could feel better by just believing in yourself, babe", he whispers in my ear, and I shiver because of his breath against my skin. "It's a fine line between loving and hating yourself, I know. I had troubles like these when I was younger."

"But you've always been so cool about yourself..."

"I was good at hiding emotions, if you know what I mean."

"Way too much. You've been hiding your feelings for me for a couple of years, huh?"

"Don't use it against me! I'm trying to make you feel better", he pretends to be outraged by my words, and I laugh a bit. "I'm trying to make you believe that you're everything this world needs. We all need you. I need you and I want you to be yourself. And you're perfect."

"But I have flaws, Haz."

"Me too. But we grow up, and we learn to live with all we have inside of us."

"Such beautiful words."

"Just like you, babe."