twenty: niall

"I love you, Niall."

That's the part when I don't know what to do.

I thought it was too early to say this. Thought it would take a long time so I could say that I do, in fact, love him back. I had so many fears about it. Fear of not being able to fully love and be loved by Harry. Fear of feeling like I'm blocking him from the love of his life out there in the world. Fear of loving him just as a friend.

But if there's something I learned with time, is that our minds are always trying to lead us to a trap, to make us feel less than nothing. And if there's something I learned with Harold Edward Styles, is that you don't have to be afraid of love. You don't have to be ashamed of feeling needed. You don't have to fear nothing at all.

That's why, five seconds later, I kiss him on the lips. Deep. Soft. Breathless. Perfect. Flawless. Everything. The world to me. That's how I feel, and that's how I'm fully aware of my damn feelings for this man in front of me.

"Fuck it. I love you back, Haz." The smile on my face once we separate from the kiss is probably the biggest one now. He seems to notice this too, as he also has a grin on his lips. "Don't take the 'fuck it' part way too problematic. I was just so afraid of giving my all to this feeling that I forgot to realize it doesn't matter if it's a free fall. Fuck it, I will fall in it as long as you come with me."

Harry blurts out a laughter, caressing my cheeks with his thumbs and bringing his forehead close to mine.

"Fuck it, I love you, Niall James Horan."

"Fuck it, I love you, Harry Edward Styles. I love you so much, shit, I don't know how my heart is still beating right now", he laughs again, and I do the same. "I feel so free now."

"I feel so happy now." He kisses me once again. Once, twice, three times, four times, how many times he wants to. I let his lips meet mine each time, and I feel like I could do it over and over again. "I have so much to tell you, Niall, so many things I have to share with you."

"But you have a meeting."

"Yeah, I do", he seems sorry to tell me this, "wish I could scrap this and stay the whole morning in this bed with you."

"Yeah, but you're famous and you're gonna be a rock star and I don't want you to stay here for the rest of your life. It's depressing."

"Come with me?"

"No, Harold", I roll my eyes and sigh a bit. "Remember we're a secret."

"Of course, darling. Of course."

☸☸☸☸

"NO. FUCKING. WAY." Perrie basically shouts from the other side of the call, making me move the phone away from my ear a little bit.

"Calm down, Perrie. Where's Leigh?"

"Cooking something. Or trying to."

"I heard that!" The screaming voice of Leigh-Anne can be heard in the background, and it makes me laugh. "What's going on?"

"NIALL AND HARRY ARE A THING NOW!"

"What?" The same background scream comes back.

"Gosh, you girls are so annoying with these news..."

"How do you want us to react, Horan? Tell me, how?" Perrie still uses her highest voice tone, which gets me rolling my eyes. 

Like always.

"I want to know everything."

"Everything? I'd have to go back four years from now to tell you the everything part." I say.

"Oh, okay. We don't have the whole time. Just jump to the interesting part, Niall", she answers me.

"It's delicate. We're still trying to know how to make it work out without people discovering it in such an early stage of the story, but we already declared our feelings to each other, if that's what you wanna know."

"I'm so fucking happy", Leigh-Anne takes the phone from Perrie this time. "I knew it was gonna happen!"

"Of course you did. Nothing escapes from you, am I right?"

☸☸☸☸

"Cookie jar?" I hear Harry exclaiming once he reaches the living room.

"Kitchen!" I scream back to let him know where I am.

In a couple of seconds he's already giving kisses in my whole face, my neck feeling the touch of his hands and my lips open in a wide smile.

"You're so handsome, fuck it, I love you", he says, hugging me right after."

"Fuck it, I love you back. What happened?"

"The album is done!" The smile on his face is so obvious that it makes me laugh at his foolishness.

He's been torturing everyone in our personal circle of friends and family about his album. He knew it would be called 'Harry Styles' only because he was too lazy to think of a whole concept for the title; he knew exactly what songs he wanted to be heard by the world and what songs he only wanted me to listen, and no one else. And he knew that he wanted to release it before summer.

And it seems like he's finally come to a consense with his record label. It's been like two months ever since we moved to LA and his dreams are already coming true. Fuck it, I love him and I don't even need to say it out loud anymore. He knows that.

"That's so good! I'm happy for you, babe", I scream, making him blurt out a laughter like never before.

"Yeah! Why are we screaming?"

"'Cause it's good news, I guess?"

"We should stop", he says, between one laugh and another. "Before neighbors start to complain."

"Yeah, we should", I kiss his forehead, and I need to stand on my toes to do this.

"I want you to hear it before everyone else, Niall."