twenty-one: harry

"Haz. Wake up."

"Just five more minutes..."

"Please. You have to see this."

My eyes open two seconds late. There's a grin on Niall's face, and I could easily bet he did something to surprise me - but it's just a guess and I can't really bet on it.

"What's going on?" I ask in a low voice.

"No big deal. Just wanted to see your eyes."

"You're such a silly boy, Horan", I blurt out a laugh after these words, while he sits next to me in the bed.

"I'm sorry if I'm not used to this", he rests his head on my right shoulder, and I kiss the top of his forehead as a 'good morning' thing.

"Don't worry. I love your silly things."

"Actually, there's something we can discuss now if you want to", I see a serious face on him.

"And it is...?"

"Miss Maura wants you to go camping with the family this weekend."

"Oh. Is that an invitation?"

"Of course it is, Harold", the way he says Harold this time makes me smile way more than I should. Silly. "It's an honor to be invited to such an event like camping up with the Horans."

"Loved the reference", we turn to look at each other's faces, his knees bumping with mine because our legs are crossed on the mattress. "We're going, right?"

"Yeah. I mean, I told her I'd talk to you first, but I had high hopes and now the whole family is freaking out because they don't know why you're coming with us this time."

"You didn't tell them yet about us?"

"Waiting for the right moment. Maybe it's time now", Niall shrugs, his fingers tracing a path between the joints of my hands up to my neck. "It's better if we tell them. Media can fuck this shit up and you know that."

"I do." The smirk on my face makes him smile too. Again. "Well, with this settled up, I can finally say that... I can't wait to meet your family."

"You've met them before, Harry."

"It's different now! We're boyfriends, we're in love and we're already sharing a room."

"Don't pretend we never shared a room before", he gently taps my shoulder, "now let's get up and eat something."

☸☸☸☸

It's the day we'll go out with the rest of the Horans to do a camping. It's Friday. I'm in love. We'll come back on Sunday. And I'll still be in love. My first solo single comes out in a couple of days, and I want to cherish these very last moments of peace with Niall before the world focus on me again.

As soon as the private plane arrives in Dublin, Niall hides his face under a pillow because, apparently, some flashing cameras are waiting for us in the outside. And no, they are definitely not allowed to see us together for now. This is why I have to wait almost ten more minutes than the usual, and as soon as there's no paparazzi anymore - they probably believe it was just Niall on the plane -, I leave the airplane wearing sunglasses, a hat, sweatpants and a gray hoodie.

No one is here. Thank God.

"I'm sorry, I thought they wouldn't search us around anymore", I say as soon as I meet Niall again on the taxi. "I'm really sorry."

"It's the price of the fame, don't worry about it", he gently grins, "mom is waiting for us at her house. We'll all travel together in her van."

"Maura has a van?" I ask, my eyes wide open now.

"Long story, don't ask", he laughs a bit, focusing his attention back to the road outside of the car.

"I wouldn't ask."

"Liar."

"Okay, I would", I surrender in less than five seconds. Just like I always do when he presses me against a metaphorical wall.

The rest of the ride goes pretty well, we both remaining silent and soft pop music playing on the background. As soon as the taxi drops us by Maura's house, we figure out she's already there, with Greg and Denise by her side and Theo in her arms.

"He grew up so fast!" It's the first words I scream once we're a few steps closer to them. 

Maura pratically runs to Niall, holding him against her arms right after. I share greetings with both Greg and Denise before Theo stars bubbling words that I can't understand at first, and his arms try to reach me.

"Can I?" I point out at Theo, and Maura gently hands him in my arms. "Hey, shiny happy baby. How are you?"

"Haz!" He screams in my face.

"I'll take it as a compliment", Greg laughs at my words.

"We told him you were on your way this morning", Denise says, "and he just couldn't stop trying to say your name. This was his best effort, trust me."

"I do trust you, and I love this nickname."

Especially because Niall calls me like that too.

☸☸☸☸

[a quick author's note]

WE GOT TO GET ONE THOUSAND VIEWS!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SO TEMPTED TO RENEW THIS STORY TO ANOTHER SEASON 

BUT I WON'T 

AT LEAST NOT YET

end of the quick author's note]