Chapter 1

Gwen's pov

This is who I am, nobody said you had to like me.

"You're fired".

"No, you can't do that".

"Watch me "

"I signed a contract, You cannot fire me before expiry of the contract." he answered smugly.

The corner of my mouth twitched upwards, it was fun to give people a reality check, especially such arrogant men who taught the sun and the stars were made for them.

"Let me get this straight, you steal from my company, you endorse my clients to my rivals and if that's not the cherry on top you give up my company secrets to others for money. Now give me a reason why your butt should not land in jail".

"Because you don't have proof Ma'am, and besides I have a employee contract to back me up" he sneered and proceeded to sit on a chair propping his feet on my desk. I raised my eyebrow. Poor fellow had no idea what was going on, I humored him and asked "So why did you do it, Mr Hall?"

The last thing I needed from this idiot was answers, once I have them see what happens.

"I deserve to be in a higher position, I need more money and fame. I did not get them in your company, so I found a means to get it by going against you. I'm an opportunist, I'm never on one side"He spat.

"Employee of the year" I mocked.

"Thank you" he answered proudly failing to pick up on my obvious sarcasm. He was blunt I tell you. "So you think you deserve a better position despite your lack of education and your betrayal to my company " I asked him.

"I'm a man, I can do things better than you do". He shot back irritated. Ohh he was one of those pigs, who taught they should be handed the world just because of their gender. Twenty eight years of my life gave me enough familiarity with such nut cases, now I have an idea of how to deal with them. I gave him a smile of sugary sweetness, time to pull out the big guns.

"Did you read the full contract Mr Hall ?" I asked. I noticed his mask of smugness and arrogance slip away for a second, but he recovered quickly trying to keep his face blank. He dismissivly raised an eyebrow.

"Clause 4 of the contract States that in case of any disloyalty to me or my company, I have complete right to withhold your paycheck and fire you immediately".

All the traces of haughtiness left his face. He looked shocked. I decided that this was a look I liked on his face. I smiled devilishly, and picked up a pen drive and kept it on my desk directly in his line of sight. Mr Hall looked up confused at me and then the pen drive.

"This pen drive has the cctv footage of you making a deal with one of my rivals. I'm glad I installed good ones. It recorded you and your voice in hd. So I believe we were talking about the lack of proof against you." I asked quite pleased when the smirk was wiped off his face.

The leg he had propped on my desk were taken down and he stood up. Yes, now we're getting somewhere. I took a sip of my coffee and resisted the urge to pat my back, feeling proud of myself. He opened and closed his mouth, his tiny brain not understanding the magnitude of the situation he was caught in. I pushed a paper towards him and placed a pen to it's right. "Mr Hall this is your confession letter, sign it or your footage will go to the police". I threatened.