Chapter 8

Chris pov

"Emma Caron."

The name caused me to choke on my drink,  that bastard Mr Caron had succeeded  in  trading his daughter for financial help,  when we refused to help him the spineless  worm approached Adam. Judging by the  way Gwen and  Dave kept glaring at him, I  knew he is definitely not a good person.

Adam didn't  even  bother  to  pay  attention  to Emma his eyes  were busily  skimming  over  Gwen, the  sudden  urge  to  protect  the  girl  rose  in  the  pit  of my stomach.  I  did  not  like  him  looking  at  Gwen, why  you ask me I don't  know? Though  Gwen Carter  was  the last  person,  who needed  someone else  to  protect  her.  People needed  to  be  protected  from  her,  in  case  they  piss her  off.

Adam eyed another girl sipping a drink,  who winked at him. That's all it took for the  idiot to completely forget his fiance and  ran to her like a dog. I now understood  why Dave was so irritated with his presence, the guy was a womanizer.

"How are you friends?" Emma asked Gwen and Dave looking pointedly at them.

Gwen looked furious that someone called  them friends. She took a step forward to no  doubt terrify the girl, but I held her hand  and pulled her back to me.

Emma clearly  noticed  Gwen's  angry  glare  and added. "I meant  you  people  are  so  nice  and  he  is  a baboon.  How  is  that  possible?"

Dave  grinned  in  approval,  it  was  clear  Emma  didn't like  Adam.  But  was  forced  into  this,  poor  girl  has  to see  him  for  the  rest  if  her  life.

"I  take  it  you  don't  like  him."  Dave  asked  carefully tipping  his  head  towards  Adam  who  was shamelessly  flirting  with  a  girl.

"I  hate  him,  bloody  pig  thinks  he  owns  the  world. Bastard  took  advantage  of  my  greedy  father  and made me his fiance,  without  my  permission. I don't have  a  choice  otherwise  I  would  have  happily pushed  him  from  a  cliff.  Would  have  saved  the world  from  seeing  his  face."  Emma  darkly  added.

Never  ignore  a  person's  hatred  towards  you.  If they  hate  you  enough  they  will  destroy  you.

Gwen grinned, if I didn't know better I would  have thought  it  was  an  innocent  smile, but  now I recognized  the  dangerous  look  in  her  calculating blue  eyes.

  She  did  look  amazing  today.  The  blue dress  flared  up  to  her  knees.  Her  hair  was  curled and  makeup  was not lathered  onto  her  face.  It  was a  correct  balance,  that  would  make  her  look  classy yet  stylish.

"Oh  God  here  he comes  back,  nice  to  meet  you guys.  I  can't  be  seen  with  him  it  will  ruin  my  social life."  Emma  said  hiding  behind  Dave  leaving  Adam to  look  for  her.

  One  moment  she  was  there  by  the bar,  next  she  was  near  the  exit.  How  that  girl managed  to run in  heels  don't  ask  me. Gwen and Dave laughed  as  Adam looked  in the opposite  direction,  while  Emma  escaped  his clutches.

"Her  father  approached  me,  few  days  ago.  Wanted financial  help  in  exchange  for  his  daughter.  My brother  and  I  declined.  Looks  like  Adam  took  up  the offer."  I  told  them.

Dave  cursed  under  his  breadth  while  Gwen  pulled the  sleeves  of  her  dress  up  and  marched  forward no  doubt  to  introduce  her  pumps  to  his  face.  Dave and  I  pulled  her  back,  in  time.  She  huffed  loudly  and crossed  her  hands  like  a  little  child.  She  did  look adorable  with  cheeks  puffed  out.