Chapter 10

Gwen pov

"If he's not here in ten minutes, I'm  leaving." I muttered glancing irritatedly at  my watch.

Adam the genius, note my  sarcasm had the brilliant idea to meet at a  cafe. He had some documents he needed  to  hand over to me. He will not keep quite  without playing any dirty tricks.  Like the  responsible person he is, he refused to  show up.

I was thinking of various reasons  to put him six feet under the ground when  I saw him approach. His eyes widened upon  seeing me, yes be intimidated you pig. You  better be on your best behavior today,  already having  hit my cranky quota for the  day. It would need only a tiny spark for me to blow up, like a volcano.

"Ah look who's on time, so eager to meet me huh"he  said.

"None of your business, now get to the  point." I snapped.

"Actually I was planning to organise a party,  on account of my engagement, you know  how difficult it is to pay for everything. So  why don't you take care of my expense." He  said carefully noticing my expression.

This piece of donkey poop, really why  would I bother paying for his party. I know  it's good to help the poor but he's not a  charity case. Now give me a reason why I  would give him money.

"It was not stated in our agreement, and I'm  not giving you a penny more." I told him  firmly.

He obviously did not like my answer, the  mask of trying to look like a good person  was slowly slipping off. He wanted to throw  a tantrum like his usual self. Unfortunately  he grew into a six foot snake so now a tantrum would look funny.

"I told you Gwen, don't try to get smart  with me. You do as I  say, you were never  strong enough to face me, not then not  today. So skip all your lecture and do as I  say." He  threatened.

"You  seem to  forget  things  easily  Adam,  I  kicked your butt that day and I can do it  right now." I shot back.

"Your wings seemed to be growing a lot,  don't you think I should crip them. I didn't  like your big mouth. It's time I show you  where you belong." He  sneered.

I  scoffed, him  talking about putting me in  place. Try a better joke next time. Last time  he broke me I freaking became a  billionaire, try something again and I will  become something you can never imagine.  Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

"What will you do, try to hit me with your  dainty palms." I mocked.

"Don't take me lightly." He said pulling out  his phone and instructed someone to bring  him in. Whom did he plan to scare me with?  A ghost, no use buddy because people are more terrifying than them. I turned  leisurely to see who Adam thought could  terrify me, what I saw made my blood run cold. 

My legs began to give in, my breathing  erratic. No, I was not ready for this part. No,  no this must be a dream. Wake up, please  wake up. I don't want to do this.

Clear blue  eyes that looked so much  like  mine, the  confident stance I had seen and  admired since I was a kid. The person  whose love I thought I deserved, but never  actually got it. The person who didn't  trust  me when I wanted. The person who was supposed to help fight my battles who  actually left me in the first thing something  went wrong.

Emma trudged along with him, they  laughed loudly. My nails bit into my palms  unknowingly drawing blood. How I wished  to be in her place? How I wished he would  look at me like that, with so much love,  adoration and most of all respect. My Dad,  the man once I thought was my hero. But  my life was not a fairytale, my hero saved everyone except me. Twenty years I waited  for him,  in the  corners, but he never came.  Once he  did come, not to help me, but to  berate me, to tell me I was only a disappointment.