Chapter 21

My vision blurred, the weight of my body sagging me down. I patted my cheeks unable to look at anything properly, my tears making me partially blind. I crawled up to my car, and sat up on my knees. Panic pulled at my veins, the unknown was a pool of endless possibilities, each more terrifying than the other.

The urge to pull at the strands of my hair, an intense desire to stab something or preferibly someone was too intense. The more I tried to clear my head unwanted thoughts and memories pulled and gnawed at my head like an unwanted pest.

Gwen, don't fall useless at the most important time, I scolded myself. The more you delay, more is the threat to Dave.

Dave the one person who is my rock, my
confidence, my strength, and sadly who became my weakness. Why does fate have a dirty habit of doing such nasty things. For once let me be happy. Moments like these made me terrified of happiness.

I pulled out my phone and dailed a number
with shaky hands. I tried to speak but my throat clogged my voice barley anything due to the rising panic in me.

On the third ring, I heard a small voice "Lisa did Dave tell anything about where he is going." I was surprised I could talk.

"Ms Carter, Dave might have gone home, he did leave early today." She whispered.

I cursed Dave, for all the days I forced him to take time for himself, he had go out on this cursed day. And that filthy peice of shit had taken advantage of that.

As much as I detested, I had only one option now. For Dave ,do this for him. The shaky promises of being best friends even after death made in the ignorant bliss of our childhood made me want to cry, to sob, but still it meant nothing because I could loose him.

All the happy memories I had with him were the most scary, because I feared it was the ending. I was scared I would loose the one link to my sanity.

That's enough Gwen, there is still a fight, you will not give up. I assured myself, believe in making your own destiny. Even if fate is cruel enough to take him away from me I will fight because it's my fight and it will end only when I give up.

I called another number and waited for the
annoying voice to speak up."Ross no matter which rat hole your hiding in, I want to meet you now." I said my voice steady.

"Ahh, sweetheart did you miss me." I heard at the other end of the line.

I took a deep breath and resisted the urge to hurl something at his head. This is for Dave, suck it up.

"I want to meet you." I said.

"Don't you think we should meet somewhere more romantic for our date." I heard him say.

Date, seriously this idiot will land himself in a mortuary if he doesn't keep his big mouth shut.

"Ross, for once do something in your life and listen to me" I roared.

"Geez, grumpy pants. Fine but you are the one missing out on an awesome person." I could imagine him saying that with a pout.

"I'm in my regular place, meet you in ten minutes."

"Make that five." I said driving at top speed.
Damn the speed my friend needs me.

I sent my location to Chris hoping and praying he would understand the urgency of my situation and help me out.

***

"Your even more beautiful than I remembered." The comment made me roll my eyes, this person will always be the same. Even if the world is ending he will ensure his hair is perfectly styled so he looks like the most handsome corpse.