Chapter 28

Power play in Forever Gems
Who do you think will win?

Prestigious and proud receivers of 'The
Entrepreneurs of the year award' Dave Salve and Gwen Carter were the epiphany of sophisticated, powerful billionaires and an inspiration to all the upcoming young minds into the world of business.

They were a perfect example of rags to riches, For being the most underestimated, they now practically rule the market. Both the friends have come a long way. Which rises the question- Was the path Gwen Carter so religiously adopt right? The news of Dave Salve being attacked has left the whole country shook. Which again brings us to the speculation that Gwen Carter was the one in the background staging the entire play.

Neither Dave nor Gwen have given an open statement to the media or to the board members does that mean that Gwen is trying to hide in the fear of getting exposed. And Dave Salve is stuck with a difficult choice of ratting out his friend or saving his company?

The lack of response from Gwen Carter did create a huge disadvantage for the charming young beauty. The board has decided to take matters into their own hands and made a difficult choice of removing Gwen Carter from her post until her innocence regarding the attack is proved. In view that it can salvage the reputation and maintain the stock and share values of the company.

A vote was cast in absence of the young billionaire as she stood by her sick father. A bill was passed and approved giving Gwen a twenty four hour time period to submit a resignation letter to the board which will be in effect until the trial for Dave Salve ends.

Was a veto possible when two most important members of the company were absent? Will Gwen Carter who went to such lengths for her company simply agree to step down? Will Dave Salve give up his best friend? What do you think will he choose?

"Our intention was never to replace Gwen from her company. She was a best thing that happened to our company and will be but due the unpredictable circumstances we had a minor setback. Tough times need tough decisions and we have to take them. We have to specify that Gwen Carter will not leave the company, she is just stepping down until her innocence is proved. The truth can never be hidden and we are sure it will bring our head of company back." Quotes her board of directors.

"Did you read the newspaper? How dare they take such a decision, you have to go talk to them?" Chris gritted out, disgustedly looking at the newspaper as though it would attack him.

"Do you want pancakes?" I asked reducing the volume of the song I was listening to and stacked them up in two plates.

"Syrup". I gestured  pouring it generously over his pancakes.

"Why in hell are you so calm?" It's your company Gwen? Are you not worried?" He asked confusedly.

"There's no point worrying. It won't help." I smiled kissing him on the cheek and proceeded to sip into my coffee.

"So what's going to happen. Are you resigning?" He asked worriedly.

"Why are you so worried about my money? Will your feelings change if I'm no longer a billionaire?" I enquired biting back a smile.

"Rich or poor, billionaire or not, there is no chance I'm letting you go." He answered eyes firm with honesty.

"Your cute." I smiled cutting into my pancake.

"I'm not."

"You sure."

"Boys are cute." he bit back clearly offended.