Chapter 14

Emma pov

"What did you do to Adam you ungrateful brat?"

"Hello Daddy dearest, long time no see. I hope there was something I could help you with." I chimed sweetly digging back into my cherry pie.

"Dont play games with me, didn't you think about my business before handing over Adam like a scapegoat." Mr Caron gritted out, restraining from sending a chair flying at his dear daughter.

"Did you think about me while you made that wretched deal with Adam?"I rolled my eyes at his logic which according to him I had misinterpreted.

"Tell me Emma why do you always have to spoil everything for me?" Mr Caron roared.

I ignored him and pushed another bite of pie into my mouth, savouring the sweetness which was apparently lacking in my life.

"Wait, one, you faked your financial statements and your company was shut down. Two, you couldn't do anything but whine and throw tantrums and three, when you realised that you used the only thing you had ie me to get your way. So feel free to cross out all the reasons why you can be nominated for best father of the year award." I spat giving back my full attention to my precious pie.

"I did everything for you Emma, I wanted you to have a good life. When I couldn't give it to you I made sure I found a person who could give you."he said least bit looking guilty.

"How stupid of me to misunderstand all your noble truthful intentions? I'm such a sorry excuse of a daughter." I snarked.

"You can still undo it, apologize to Adam and get married. It will not only save us even your mother will be benefited from this agreement. Think about it, your family needs you." he said sweetly.

"Do you want pie?"

"Emma"

"What, it's delicious."

"I'm done playing the good cop role here, you silly excuse of a human being. Do as I tell you or let me assure you there will be consequences." Mr Caron aka my Dad dearest was showing his true colors.

"Pray tell me what are you going to do. Let's see your broke, your friends won't look at you and the only ally you had ie Adam is running tail ducked between his legs. So, try the worst." I gritted out.

Done are the days I tolerate his antics, I have watched him cheat on my mom, repeatedly suck the life out of upcoming entrepreneurs, gamble off my mom's hospital money, his needs always come before anyone else. I'm my father's daughter if I'm selfish and look after my life and that makes me a bad person you go right ahead and think that.

"How can you be so selfish now of all times, your mom's chemotherapy is in the last stage. She will die if we don't have money." he coaxed.

"I learnt selfishness from you in the first place and someone else is taking care of mom's bills so now you can stop acting like you care about her." I said trying to keep my hatred out of my voice.

"She's my wife, I love her." Mr Caron insisted.

"Ohh, Daddy dearest you're so funny. Is that what you believe after cheating on her with your secretary, then your fling in France and how can I forget the legendary ex of yours." I scoffed, him claiming he loves my mother always cracks me up.

"I'll make sure you get married to him even if it's the last thing I do in life." he announced.

"Why is it so important to you, he lost his company. He can't help you even if he wants to." I snapped irritated.

"His father is very influential person you stupid girl. If nothing you will get half his property when you divorce him." Mr Caron yelled.

"Well I'm done dancing around you, I have a life and that does not include you." I announced.