Chapter 20

Gwen pov

"Chocolate for me, and butterscotch for you." Emma announced happily placing two cups of ice cream in front of me. Today we had decided to meet up and just hang out.

Emma was actually a nice person to talk to, she didn't always bitch about other people nor ramble about boys everytime she saw a good looking guy. She was in other words a lot like me. She worked part time in my company and signed up in an art school for the other part of the day.

Under my company's policy I had agreed to help with her mother's hospital bills.
She moved out of her father's house and found a cheap apartment. I had insisted to find her a better place but she denied it point blank saying something along the lines of doing things herself.

"So, what say movie night you and me."she asked.

"Free food and a movie, sign me in." I agreed.

Who I their right mind would deny a greasy pizza with a movie.

"How's your art school going?" I asked casually.

"Its great actually. I managed to do some really good paintings. I will show them when you come over." She answered.

"Soo" she drawled.

"What" I asked fearing the answer, she clearly had the look now. If she had that something happened.

"Spill." I warned.

"You may or may not get a call from my art
school, reporting a minor incident of an innocent punch which may or may not have knocked a guy down."

"I'm ashamed of you." I started.

Emma cut me off mid ramble and started "I know, your ashamed of me, and I probably shouldn't have punched him but he was so irritating and just got on my nerves."

"Wait let me get this clear you think I'm gonna scold you for punching a guy." I clarified.

"I mean yeah, mom would have maybe killed me with a preach love not violence speech." She continues.

"Emma Caron listen here young lady, I am
ashamed because you got caught. Like have I not taught you well enough, shame on you to get caught."

Emma looked at me horrified, once and then
burst out laughing. If she did punch a guy, it was probably his fault anyway. She's a reasonable person who keeps her nose out of others business.

"Tommorow we are going to the salon."She announced.

"Deal" I agreed gathering my coat and waving her a bye. I had to get home as soon as possible the chilly whether made my cheeks red I looked Rudolph the reindeer.

I saw a lean figure leaning towards my Porsche irritated someone was putting hands on my precious I marched forward to give him a piece of my mind.

"Did not expect to see you here Liam " I asked my voice rich with curiousty.

"There is no other place I would rather be in." He agreed.

"Surprised you don't have your son following you around like a lost puppy" I mocked.

"Don't you dare talk about my son Adam." He spat.

"Hit a nerve haven't I."

"You think you are so smart, your plan
backfired. You failed to replace me in the board. Maybe you and your son should work better to actually have a chance against me." I challenged.

"Your still the same Gwen, your still stuck in the same old story. Sometimes you fail to see the big picture. Clearly I did well taking advantage of it." He said smugly.

"Pray tell me what you took advantage of." I goaded him into confessing.

"Surely you will get to know in about an hour." He replied.

"What you gonna get Adam here, who will cry and admit how wrong he was to try to double cross me." I asked.

"Don't talk about Adam." He warned his entire frame shaking.

"Do you know Ms Carter where your friend Dave is right now?" Liam questioned.

"He is at home, working on the designs for the project." I told him.

"I'm astonished you don't know, he is currently on the way to get his car repaired."

"So, you want to get your car repaired too." I asked sarcastically.

"Your missing the point, how do you think I
know this bit of information about Dave." He asked.

Ohh no, this is bad news. Someone was
following Dave. I had to tell him, what if someone harms him because of me. I can't live with that. I can't loose the one thing that kept my life together.

"I swear to God Liam even if something happened to Dave I will hunt you down." I warned my eyes flashing with determination.

"First save your friend. He received a particularly bad hit to his head, in about half an hour he will bleed out. Then you can say your final goodbye and then hunt me down." He said waving his hand and
got into his car.

"Where is Dave? What have you done to him you piece of shit? I asked marching towards him and demanding answers.

"If you think you are so smart, find your friend and save him. But remember I don't want you contacting any police officers, if you do, forget your chance to even see his dead body. I want you to find him, you think your great then show me, use your contacts and save your friend." Liam said and rode off in his car.

I collapsed onto the ground, my hands shaking tears streaming down my face. Dave where is he? Is he injured ? Will I be too late? What if I can't save him? My chest constricted I took in deep breadth
with my mouth.

I slapped myself awake, stopping my panic
attack. Clear your head Gwen, think clearly. You have half an hour to find Dave. All is not lost. There is still a chance, even if there isn't you make a chance this is Dave. This is not the time to feel sorry for yourself.

I stood up on my shaky legs, pulling my coat tightly around me. I will find Dave.

***********************
So, thoughts about this chapter?

What do you think will happen?

Can Gwen save her best friend?

Thoughts about Liam?

My next update will be Monday.

Did you like the new cover I made?

Please vote and comment.

Until next time.