♤Congregation♤

Atarah p.o.v

I was home. It had been about a month. I couldn't believe it. I never thought I'd be here again. It turns out Lorenzo wasn't the man I loved.. It hurt, it hurts so much... but I had no more tears to spare. I was empty. Lorenzo had paid my father to let me live with him till I get my own place, though I don't know why he's go through the trouble to do that.

I look around my room. Collages of me and favor with posters of a bunch of black activists. Things had really changed. I walk downstairs, my father was grabbing his keys going to church I bet.

He walks past me. We had been ignoring each others presence since I got back. I turn around to face him as he walks away. "Why'd you do it??" I ask emotionlessly. He stood in his tracks turning to me. He sighs rubbing his bald head. "Atarah... your mother was a junkie, she died a junkie.. She.. did some things and left me with all her debt... it's only right you pay for your mother's sin."

I scoff beginning to laugh. I don't know why.. I was just so angry not only at him, but at everything. Why was I the one who gets hurt? Who gets sold? Who falls in love? Who gets raped, who gets tossed to the side? Who left and realises she's pregnant?! Why am I the one? What have I ever done to anyone.

"Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME! Y-YOU'RE TELLING ME I NEED TO PAY FOR THE SINS OF THE WOMAN YOU MARRIED?!! FOR THE SINS OF SOMETHING THAT YOU LET HAPPEN! LISTEN, AND LISTEN WELL BITCH! IM NOT THE SAME GIRL I WAS WHEN I WAS LAST HERE, I FINALLY REALISE, NONE OF THIS SHIT IS MY FAULT! ITS NOT MY FAULT I HAVE A SORRY EXCUSE OF A FATHER WHO CALLS HIMSELF A PASTOR! IT'S NOT..." I yell panting heavily. Before walking away.

I felt amazing, I should've done this sooner. I look down at my stomach rubbing it gently. "Don't worry baby, it's me and you now.." I speak to it closing my eyes tight. I needed to let others know who my father was.

I stand up going into my closet changing into a red dress. Today the church will know the man they call pastor.

I walk into church. My father was preaching but immediately stopped when he saw me, everyone stares at me in shock. "Ain't that the Pastors babygirl? I thought she died!" A church member says. I walk up to the poppet ignoring the staring and the gasp.

I turn to face the audience ignoring my father who was next to me trying to pull me away.

"Hello church, I bet y'all are very confused.. let me clear the air. The man you call pastor, the man I call father... He really is something. Such a leader figure.. Such a role model... A role model who sold his daughter to a drug lord to pay off his junkie wife and his debt... He sat and paid for someone to take me away.. I'm pregnant now... I asked him this morning.. Why.. you wanna know what he said???" I pull out my phone where I had secretly recorded what he said to me. And I play it letting the congregation hear what he said.

The church gasp and mummer glaring and judging my father. "C-church i-I, she deserved it!!! She's her mothers ch-"

"Pastor Turner Jones , you are under arrest for the possession of drugs, we found searching your car with a warrant." An officer says coming inside from outside. "Officer, this is a misunderstanding..." He says frantically. The officer cuffs him in front of the church reading him his rights.

"My mother wasn't a junkie, was she?... you were the junkie?" I scoff realising the truth. The officers walk him out. Church members rush over to me.

It had been seven months since I exposed my father. A member at the church had hooked me up with a job at her restaurant. It has good pay that could help support my new apartment and my baby on the way.

I rub my stomach gently feeling the baby kick. "He's a fighter, huh?" My coworker Thalia smiles. "Like me." I smile. We both laugh. "Table five needs a waiter!" Another co-worker announces.

"I'll get it!" I sigh grabbing my small custom notepad walking out of the employee room into the huge restaurant hall. I walk over to the table smiling. "Hi welcome to Casa, I'm Atarah I'll be you waiter for today." I smile at the two men at the table.

"Hi ma'am I'm Cole, this is Leo, and our boss is in the restroom, it's nice to meet you." The blonde blue eyed one smiles. "Likewise." I smile my hand resting on my stomach. "How far along are you?" The other one, the one with red hair and light brown eyes ask with a small polite smile.

"I'm eight months.." I smile rubbing my stomach. We converse a bit before I get their order. I walk back in the employee room giving their order to a chef.

I grab their trey of food walking out of the backroom. I walk over to their table placing their plates down. "Alrighty, here y'all go, enjoy your meal." I smile looking at the men realising the third men is here.

My whole body freezes and my smile drops. All this time and my heart still races seeing him. "Lorenzo.." I gulp wrapping my hands around my stomach protectively. He looked even better than he did when I last saw him.. I missed him, but he hurt me.

He hurt me so bad.. I'm not sure if I can really forgive him. His eyes were on my eyes scanning my face. He looks down at my stomach intensely staring. "Ahem, Just ring the bell if you need me again."

*
Y'all, I don't think you understand.... One. More. Chapteeeeer!!! It has been such a journey with this book, and I'm so glad we got this far, please continue to show your support and voice your opinion.

Until the last chapter my loves♡