Exposing Valiant S1 E2

💚 Edited--12.6.20 💚

Tonight, Arthur and the rest of the knights would be dining with my Father so I was left to sit alone in my room.

My evening plans consisted of reading, worrying and sleeping.

I was sitting on my bed reading one of my favourite books when Arthur came back in and told me to follow him.

He led me to his room and told me to close my eyes.

A couple seconds later I was told to reopen them. Which I did. Only to see one of the most beautiful pieces of jewellery I'd ever seen. It was so simple and some might say plain but I loved it.

Now, usually I'm not one for jewellery but on this one occasion even I couldn't deny its beauty

"What's this?" I asked him.

"Well, as I am in the final, I thought that we should celebrate. By celebrate I mean, me giving you this necklace," Arthur replied still holding up the necklace.

"It's beautiful but you shouldn't have," I muttered still looking at it.

"It's the least I could do. Now, turn around."

I spun around and felt the cold metal on my skin as Arthur done up the clasp on the back.

"Thank you," I said hugging Arthur when we heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," Arthur said.

I was shocked to see Merlin come in holding his hands behind his back.

"Merlin? What can I do for you?" Arthur asked just as shocked as I was.

"You may want to sit down," Merlin warned.

Arthur sat in his chair while I stood behind the chair leaning on it.

Merlin then brought out a snakes head.

"Why do you have a snakes head?" Arthur asked.

"Valiant. His shield is enchanted. You know the snakes on his shield?" He asked us. I nodded but Arthur just stared at the snakes head. "He's using magic so the snakes come out and bite who he wants."

"Purple knight," I muttered.

"Ewan but yes. I managed to cut this off of the shield so we have some sort of proof," Merlin concluded.

"You? You cut this?" Arthur asked, as if the idea were ludicrous.

"Ewan was bitten by a snake from the shield when he was fighting Valiant. You can talk to Gaius. You can see the puncture wounds on Ewan's neck where the snake bit him," Merlin explained quickly. "Ewan was beating him. He had to cheat."

"Valiant wouldn't dare to use magic in Camelot," Arthur disagreed.

"Wouldn't he?" I argued back.