Its About Time S1 E4

💚  Edited--17.6.20 💚

I burst into Gaius', probably making a racket in doing so, and ran straight over to Gaius.

"Is he ok?" I asked.

"Have you got the mortaeus?" Gaius countered.

I smiled and quickly handed it to him. "Here."

"His breathing is so much worse, we have to hurry," Gaius told me. 

I went over and sat by Merlin's side brushing away his hair that had been neglected. I could hear Gaius behind me crushing the flower in a pestle and mortar. Merlin's skin had turned a sickly pale with a tinge of purple around his eyes. He looked as though he was ready to arrive at deaths doorstep.

I heard him pause so I turned to face him. "What's wrong?"

"The poison was created with magic, we may have to use magic to complete the antidote," Gaius informed me.

"Ok, yeah do it," I answered immediately. But then it hit me, we physically can't do magic. "But how? You can't do magic," I told him.

"You're right, I can't. But you..." he trailed off.

"I've never done magic in my life! How do you expect me to be able to perform it now?" I asked him.

"Chelsea, you can read these books, right?"

"Right?"

"Have you ever studied magic?"

"No."

"Only those who have either studied magic or have magic running through their veins can read this." He put a piece of paper in front of me and the strange thing was, I could read it as though it were written in English.

"That doesn't prove anything."

"Chelsea, we don't have time to disagree, ok. Merlins life is at stake, please, at least try." He held up the bowl with the antidote in it for me to take.

I looked at him anxiously before taking the book and the bowl from him and reading it aloud with the bowl wrapped inside my hands.

'Seópan ærest wearð feasceaft funden. Denum æfter dom. Dreamleas gebad he gewann langsum.'

I heard a strange hissing sound and looked down to see the potion bubbling.

"Oh my God," I whispered. I did that! I just did magic! Oh no, what if Father finds out? Oh well, screw him, I just did FREAKIN magic! I was internally freaking out if you hadn't noticed but on the outside I think I remained calm.

"Chelsea!" Gaius yelled at me. 

I looked over to see him by Merlin and was waiting for me to help.

"Sorry," I muttered, hurrying over.

"Hold his nose," Gaius said, shaking his head.

I pinched Merlin's nose as Gaius poured the potion into his mouth.

"Swallow, Merlin," Gaius told him. "Swallow it."

When the potion had run out, I let go of his nose and sat down.

Nothing happened for a moment as we all stayed still. Too still; I then noticed that Merlin had in fact, stopped breathing.

"Gaius, he's not breathing," I said quickly. "What's happening?"

Gaius leant down and placed his ear to Merlins chest before he rose looking just as anxious.

"His heart has stopped."