Copycats S1 E8

💚 Edited--02.07.2020 💚

"How is it you always get in trouble? It's impressive, don't get me wrong, but I could have been using this time to research my powers," I told Merlin, as we walked through the castle after I'd just saved him from an angry blacksmith.

Merlin had just stopped an older lady paying too much for some cutlery from the local market. One of the blacksmiths who helped make them, was trying to get her to pay three times more than what she was supposed to.

"It was not my fault. He was being a fraud. That old lady would be penniless if I hadn't stepped in," Merlin defended.

"And if I hadn't stepped in, you'd be armless and hairless," I warned him, ruffling his hair.

"Yeah, yeah," Merlin smirked. I saw him give me a side glance but before I could ask, he picked me up and flung me over his shoulder.

It took me by surprise so I may have squealed loudly by accident. He then started to spin us round quickly.

As he stopped spinning me, he pulled me back up so I was now facing him. I closed the distance between us and kissed him tenderly. My arms slithered around his neck, while his arms held me up and stopped me from falling.

He pulled away and kissed me on the nose, before spinning us round again. We began to laugh but then I heard at least a dozen guards running down the corridor. Seriously? They thought I was being attacked. Their reaction time wasn't even very good; I could have been kidnapped by now!

Merlin must have heard them too because he quickly lowered me back down. Bloody guards!

"Princess! We are coming!" They yelled to me, and I raised my eyebrow. So much for stealth. "Don't hesitate to kill the intruder!" I heard one of the guards yelling to the others.

"Oh no," Merlin muttered.

"Don't worry, I've got this," I smiled.

The guards came running round the corner with their swords pointed at Merlin, who's hands were held up in surrender. Could he look any more guilty?

"We've got you surrounded, don't bother trying to run," The head guard, Alistair, yelled at Merlin.

"Stand down, I wasn't being attacked," I told Alistair.

"You weren't?" He asked confused.

"No, I just saw a spider," I lied.

"Oh, are you sure?" Alistair insisted.

"Yes, Alistair, I'm sure. Merlin is not a threat. He actually saved me from that ferocious creature," I smirked.

"Well, if you're sure. Men, back to your stations," Alistair ordered. All the guards began to walk back the way they came, as Alistair turned to Merlin. "My apologies, Merlin. Can never be too careful, can we?" Alistair joked.

"Of course. The Princess' life is the most important thing," Merlin agreed.

"Absolutely," Alistair said before bowing to us and leaving.

"Really?" I asked, once Alistair had left.

"What?" He said confused.

"The Princess' life is the most important thing," I said, imitating Merlin.

"Is that supposed to be me?" He asked.

"I thought it was pretty good," I laughed.

"It was pathetic," Merlin said, crossing his arms over his chest.