When All Fails S1 E3

💚 Edited-14.6.20 💚

After our failed meeting with our Father, Arthur went back to his room and I went back to help Gaius.

We were just tidying up one of the glasses when the door flew open.

"Gwen?" I asked worried, quickly going over to her.

"Chelsea. Gaius," she said tearfully.

"You have the sickness?" Gaius asked quickly.

"My Father," she responded upset. "Please Gaius. He's all I have left."

"Gwen, I have no cure," he told her slowly.

"I am begging you," she continued desperately.

"I wish there was something- anything. But so far the remedy is far from what I can achieve," Gaius told her, as Merlin came in looking worried.

Gwen began to cry even more so I went over and gave her a hug rubbing her back gently.

"It's alright. We'll find something, okay?" I said pulling away, and wiping away her tears.

"I'm sorry Gwen," Gaius said behind us. Still upset, she ran off back into the town.

"There must be something we can do," Merlin said determined.

"My best. Let's just hope that this can provide us some answers," he said, pointing to the water in the bucket that Merlin has bought back.

"But that will be too late for Gwen's father," Merlin said annoyed.

"Merlin, this is all we've got. We have no other way," I told him.

Gaius filled a small vial up with the water and then out in a light purple flower. I peered over his shoulder while Merlin ran a frustrated hand through his hair.

Gaius held it up in the light for us to see any sort of reaction clearer when we heard footsteps behind us. I turned and saw Merlin walking to his room and shutting the door angrily.

"Give him a few hours, he'll be fine," Gaius told me.

"I sure hope so," I muttered sadly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Merlins POV

I am so confused right now; what do I do?

On one hand there's Gwen. Simple, innocent girl who only has a father who now has the illness. She's kind, pretty and I think she might like me too, you know, the flower?

But then there's Chelsea. A little more complicated. Daughter of the king, has a brother who is an idiot and is liked by most of the town. She's always been there for me, she's beautiful, funny and loyal.

What am I thinking? She's royalty, there's no way that she could feel the same way about me as I her. I bet she's probably already got a rich suitor waiting for her.

We could never be together. It just wouldn't work. The Princess and the manservant. Now that's not a fairytale you hear often. No, I have to forget about her.

But she needs me; so does Gwen. Oh my God!! What do I do? Help Gwen save her father or help Chelsea with her golden eyes, and her family issues.

I guess I could do both. I could help Gwen's Father and then just be a shoulder to cry on for Chelsea.

Oh God!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chelsea's POV

Later that evening, I lay in bed just thinking. Mainly about Merlin and our strange relationship. I mean, we couldn't ever be together. It's silly really; silly but real.