Meeting Kanen S1 E10

💚 Edited - 22/01/2021 💚

After discovering that Gwen and Morgana had already left with Merlin, Arthur and I were en route to finding them and joining them.

We'd been travelling for about an hour and the sun had already set. I'm not going to lie, I was becoming a bit anxious that we had lost them, seeing as Arthur and I genuinely had no idea where we were going. Maybe we should have left Father do his geography lesson.

"Chelsea, do you smell that?" Arthur asked, pulling me from my thoughts.

I smelt the air around me and caught a whiff of something that I had been hoping to.

"Smoke," I replied. "They must be setting down a camp."

"Exactly. Told you we'd find them," Arthur said smugly.

"No you didn't," I countered.

"Well... I implied it," He answered.

Once we got close enough, Arthur and I got off our horses and tied them to a nearby tree next to the little stream. I picked up my bag and followed Arthur through the darkness.

We walked as quietly as we could and as we reached a clearing, we saw Merlin standing there with a sword.

"Good Lord," Arthur muttered under his breath.

I managed to hide my excitement and crept up on Merlin with Arthur. Arthur got out his sword and went to point it at Merlin.

"What are you doing?" I whispered.

"Shh," He answered, causing me to roll my eyes.

When we got close enough, Arthur's sword touched Merlin in the back and we saw him tense up slightly.

"I'd ask you for money, but I know you don't have any," Arthur smirked.

Shocked to hear his voice, Merlin swung round with his sword and nearly killed Arthur and myself. Luckily, we ducked in time so the sword just went straight over our heads.

"Arthur! Chelsea!" Merlin exclaimed, as we got back up.

Merlin was smiling at us widely to which I smiled back. Arthur, on the other hand, wasn't as happy about nearly being killed by his manservant.

"Put the sword down, Merlin. You look ridiculous," Arthur told him, taking the sword from him, and walking towards the fire.

"You came," Merlin smiled. "I told you we'd see each other again."

"Of course we came. There's no way we were going to let that idiot, Kanen, hurt your Mother and her village," I smiled.

When I was sure that Arthur was gone, I ran up to Merlin and jumped into his arms. We just held onto each other tightly before Merlin began spinning me round. He set me back down on my feet and gave me a gentle kiss.

When we pulled away, I then whispered in his ear, "And maybe I wanted to see a certain someone."

"I was only gone a couple hours," Merlin laughed.

"The worst couple hours of my life," I sighed dramatically.

We then went and joined Arthur by the fire, where he was already soaking in the warmth of the feeble flames. Merlin sat in between us and stared into the fire smiling. We sat in silence for a moment all lost in our own thoughts.

"How much further have we got to go?" Arthur asked, prodding the fire with a large stick.

"Erm, maybe a few hours," Merlin guessed.