An Evening to Remember S1 E9

💚Edited--17.08.2020 💚

Tonight, we were all at Arthur's 'Coming-of-Age' ceremony

Tonight, we were all at Arthur's 'Coming-of-Age' ceremony. You're probably wondering what I mean by 'Coming-of-Age'; it means that Arthur will from now on be known as the Crown Prince of Camelot. As the oldest son of the king, he has this ceremony and if he gets a wife before he becomes King, she will be known as the Crown Princess of Camelot. In other words, it is our birthday.

As for me, nothing changes. I am still just the Princess and the daughter of the king. That is of course if my Father doesn't try and marry me off to a Crown Prince of anywhere. But until then, I am free to be myself without all of those extra responsibilities.

As much as I love Camelot and its people, I in no way feel ready to be a Crown Princess so for once am actually glad that Arthur is older than me.

Despite my disagreements with my Father, I did agree with him that this ceremony was important so I had no problem with dressing up for it. As Camelot's main colour is red, I chose a red dress as it was tradition.

I was currently standing by Morgana's side, watching the ceremony. Arthur was knelt down in front of everyone as Father stood in front of him.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the people of this Kingdom and its dominions according to the statutes, customs and laws laid down by your forebears?" Father asked Arthur.

"I do, sire," Arthur said.

"Do you promise to exercise mercy and justice in your deeds and judgements?" Father asked.

Wait, hold on one second. If those really are the things you swear to before becoming Crown Prince, how the hell did my Father not get picked up on because he has done none of those things!

"I do, sire," Arthur repeated.

Father then picked up some sort of jewelled piece of metal and held it out to Arthur.

"And do you swear allegiance to Camelot now and for as long as you shall live?" Father asked.

I felt a great sense of pride as Arthur looked straight at my Father and placed a hand on the metal thing.