Chapter 35

I woke up the next morning and checked my phone, it was 11 a.m. Shit, why did I go to sleep so late but then it all hit me. I remembered everything that happened last night.

I took a deep breath and got out of bed. I put some healing gel on my ankle which was feeling better form last night.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face and went downstairs.

Mrs Dolan was sitting at the kitchen table reading a newspaper.
"Good morning, Sofia."
"Good morning, Mrs Dolan."
"Oh please, call me Lisa."
I took some waffles and a smoothie that were waiting on the counter and sat down at the table with her.
I ate in silence until she finally broke the silence.
"Thank you."
"For what, Lisa?" I was confused.

"For going out in the middle of the night to find Grayson wherever he was and bring him home."

"How did you know?"

"Well, when you came into my room to check if Grayson was there I woke up and became worried as well and then you came home an hour later and were struggling to take him up the stairs but still managed to stay quiet, I knew you were the one for him."

I smiled, "And why do you think I am the one?"

"Well Grayson has brought a number of girls to New Jersey since he was old enough to have a girlfriend, they all seemed focused on only him and his money and didn't care if he was feeling down or any of his family. You on the other hand did whatever it takes for him and everyone he loves."

"Thank you, I love him so much. I couldn't imagine my life without him."

"Sofia listen to me carefully, at times you might hate him and you might feel overwhelmed at times, but never, never take love for granted because it can be gone with a snap of God's fingers... Love him while you can."

"I know, it must be so difficult without you're husband. Would you mind telling me what happened?"

"Gray hasn't told you?"

"No, he always avoids that conversation."
"Well I think it's his place to tell you. He will when he can."

"Okay thank you anyways."

I finished my food and went to Lilly's room. She was getting ready.
"Sof! E and Gray took their Atv's to the lake, do you want to go to them in the bikes?"
"Yeah sure!"
I got ready and put on a grey tight fitting shirt with booty hugging jeans.

I put on a bubble jacket and got on one of the bikes, Lilly got on the other one and we followed the trail through the forest and along a beautiful landscape of mountains and rivers

I put on a bubble jacket and got on one of the bikes, Lilly got on the other one and we followed the trail through the forest and along a beautiful landscape of mountains and rivers. We heard noises in the distance and followed them to a clearing at the edge of the river over a cliff.

The twins were standing over a fire and roasting marshmallows.
"A bonfire I see?"
The twins turned around and hugged both of us. We all made s'mores and ate them while listening to stories of their childhood.