Twelve - Dumb bum

I tried every black top I had in my wardrobe. To be honest, almost all my tops were black, some blues and reds here and there.
For some reason, I wanted to look good. Not because of the library date -
I mean not because I'm meeting my friend Justin in the library, just for myself.
I finally decided upon one black top, wore my denim jacket over and left my room.

Luna was waiting for me in her car. We picked Joe on the way and reached school just before the last bell.

"Joe I swear to God imma kill you if you are late tomorrow!" Luna said horsely.

"Sorry sorry!"

"Let's go!"

.

"You guys were late today" Justin came and sat next to us during break and we legit stared at him because he usually sits with the girls and his two friends. He stopped sipping into his juice and looked up "am I not supposed to sit here?"

"Of course you can sit here!" Luna said quickly and Joe nodded. He looked at me and I gave small nod as well.

"Can I join too?" David peeped from behind his lunch tray.

"Yes please!" Joe chirped. Luna and I looked at eachother and giggled by ourselves. He glared at both of us and looked back at David with a grin.

I looked back to see where the girls were sitting. Rick was with them. Bethany looked over us and once our eyes met I looked away. Why was Justin here and not there? Did they fight? They hardly started dating.

"So El. I thought why not get other textbooks as well" Justin asked as he munched on his veg wrap.

"Yeah we can do that"

"Cool"

.

We went to the school library after classes and started searching for the text book.

I don't concentrate in class, I just draw all day, that doesn't mean that I don't Study! And when I'm studying, I need my textbooks and notes ready, or else I'll just loose all my motivation and simply give up. That is the reason I wanted Justin to have his textbook with him before he started with the subject. Again, I'm not a nerd.

"Yeah that."

"This?" he pointed at one of the math guides.

"Nah."

"This?"

"No Justin we are not buying hunger games. Only textbooks!" I whisper screamed.
But then, I didn't know this side of Justin. It was cute!

"Fine! I'll go get this" he chuckled, hitting me on my head lightly with the books as he walked away. If I'm not wrong he said "so cute". Maybe I heard it wrong.

.

"Justin"

"Yeah?"

"Why didn't you call me?"

"When?"

"I mean, why didn't you contact me when your family transferred?" I looked up at him and he gave me a faint smile.

"You think I didn't try?"

"Maybe you forgot"

"No. I lost it. Lost it all. All the contacts."

"All?"

"Yeah while shifting houses. We lost the contact book"

"But then you had phones-"