Twenty Two - Bestfriends reunite

"who is it?" I yelled while I made my way to the main door.

"Oh- Amy?"

"Hey Eli. I got something for you" she smiled and extended her hand to give a huge bag.

"What's this?-" my eyes grew big and a smile crept on my face as I took it from her.
"Cupcakes!"

"Yes! Your favourite" she giggled.

"Thanks- Amy"

Though we sorted things out and started talking again, we were still quite awkward with eachother. It's funny how years long relationships can be ruined by petty fights and misunderstandings.

"Come in"

"No wait. If you're free- can we hangout?"

"Hangout? Sure" I didn't take time to answer. We walked to the park, not talking much while on the way.

"Milady!" A young boy came running towards us.

"Oh hi there, you artist!" I smiled at him.

"I'm so glad you're here. If you don't mind, can I continue sketching you?" I wonder how these tiny kids manage to talk so well. He looked like he was eight or something but he talked better than me.

"I thought you would have forgotten me. I didn't come here for months now" I chuckled and he shook his head.

"No. Not at all. How can I forget this beautiful face? Please sit here so that I can draw you" he gave a charming smile and ran back to get his sketchbook.

"He'll either grow up into a loyal and honest man or a total flirt" Amy laughed and I nodded in agreement.

"He made me blush. So cute!"

We sat down on the bench the kid had asked us to sit on.

"I know things are sorted between us, but-" Amy started and sighed.

"But it still feels awkward? Weird?" I asked and she nodded slightly.

"Same thoughts" I added.

"I wanna make things better"

"How about we start with this cupake?" I wiggled my brows and she nodded with a light chuckle.

We talked and talked and talked. Time passed and we got more and more comfortable with each other. If we knew all we had to do was just sit together and talk, we could've done it before. But both of us were not sure what to do.

The young boy walked towards us staring at his sketchbook, a proud smile on his face.
He extended his hand to hand over the sketch and grinned from ear to ear.

"Thanks for being my model" he chirped.

The page was filled with plants and and birds. In the center were two stick like figures. One with a round in the middle which made me laugh. Both the figures had hair and clothes.

"You drew me as well!" Amy looked at the boy with a bright smile.

"Ofcourse! I draw pretty ladies. You both are very pretty" he smiled making us giggle.

"You're really sweet sire" I said and he blushed as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Justin! Come on let's go home!" A middle-aged woman called out.

The boy, named Justin borrowed the book back and ran to her.

"Bye beautiful ladies!"

We waved our hands at him and when he was far enough, both started laughing out loudly.