Forest

Is my face red? Can she see how red I am?
I'm panicking. My heart is pounding so hard.

Is she looking at me? Is she staring? What do I do. I have no idea anymore. My mind is going nuts.

"hmmhmm" She giggled softly. I could feel her gaze on my cheek.

"S-s-seu..." FUCK I'M STUTTERING SO HARD.

"What was that?" Wendy asked, she looked at the rear view mirror.

"NOTHING. That was nothing..." My heart jumped when she asked that.

My eyes moved to the side to see if Seulgi was still staring. She was. I averted my eyes.

"ᴡʜʏ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ?" I whispered. Still trying to control the mess of a heart I still had.

"I ᴍɪssᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ, ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ?" she whispered back.

I looked away trying to hide my face. She held unto my chin and moved it back to her.

She kissed me once again on the cheek.

SEULGI. AT THIS RATE I MIGHT DIE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, stop...?

She smiled as soon as her lips land on my cheek. "You don't know how long I've wanted to do that." She says with her normal voice.

"What was that again?" Wendy asks from the driver's seat. Seulgi's hand was on my cheek. Wendy started to adjust the rear view mirror. Seulgi speedily removes her hand from me and seats back properly on her seat.

"Nothing." She smiled at me from the corner.

This girl playing with my heart, man.

I realised we were going uphill. We were going to the top of the mountains. A peculiar date.

Shortly after that, we got to our destination. It was a forest. We were surrounded by trees everywhere. It was still bright outside but I could see the sunset by the back.

"Quickly!" Seulgi shouts, banging at the door to open. She held my hand and ran towards the sunset. We ran towards the cliff which was blocks away. When we got there, the view was amazing. The sun was already below the horizon.

Seulgi was panting. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"Hold on." She still was holding unto my arm, as she bent down to breath.

She looked up towards the cliff. "Shit."

First time I heard her swear. It was kinda cute, not gonna lie.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We missed the sunset." She panted

After she she rested, she clearly was disappointed. Her face was kinda blank for a moment. "Are you good?" I asked.

She shook her head no.

She looked very upset. I didn't know what to do. Wendy wasn't there either, I guess she was still in the car.

I pat her back to comfort her.

She held unto my forearm, pulling herself up.

"I'm sorry we missed that." She said. Why is she apologising? This was a very cute date concept.

"It's fine! At least we made it here. The view is amazing." I said before the mountains. The sky was filled with stars.

She looked up at the sky, still holding unto my forearm. Beautiful. She was.

Her face, still covered with bits of sweat, was still so beautiful even in darkness.

I pulled her hand which was on my forearm and held both of her hands. She looked at me.

"Thank you. For taking me here." I said. She smiled at me once she heard that. "Thank you for letting me." She said back. Her eyes squinting due to her smile, her cheeks mushing together.

She's so beautiful.

I was lost in her eyes. She broke through our eye contact and pushed her arms in between mine. She hugged me by the waist.

Her head against my chest. The stars in the sky blinking as they pass. The smell of the trees. The sound of the leaves rattling through the wind.

This. This was it. This is heaven.

am i dead?

We didn't stop hugging. I've never felt so warm in the cold weather. My heart was warm and so were our bodies.

"HEY GUYS!"
Someone shouts from the distance.

It was Wendy. She struggled to walk as she carried a shit ton of things.

"I KNEW IT! YOU GUYS ARE MAKING OU- Oh."

RATTLE

She dropped some stuff as she walked towards us. I broke away from Seulgi and quickly helped the girl.

"You don't know how long I've been walking. With THIS." She says in exhaustion.

"What's all this?" I asked.

She looks at me right in the eyes right before smiling.

"We're going camping!"