• 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬 •

"Everything okay buddy?" I turned around to see Jonah, making me return to reality.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." He gave me a small nod.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked as he leaned against Skyler's desk, glancing over at her once in a while.

"My childhood." I looked down at my feet. "A few memories came back. That has happened a lot these past few days." I sighed.

"About what?" Jonah asked, knowing me well enough that there's more that I'm not telling him.

"Her." I admitted, looking over at Skyler. I got out of the chair that I was sitting on and replaced it for a seat on the ground. Jonah came sitting next to me a few seconds later. "I've been so stupid." I stated, sighing. "Those seventeen years. Those seventeen years of Skyler being my sister, I was so wrong about her. Ashley always tried to convince me everything is not true and that I should at least try talking to her. But I was too stubborn that I continued my actions. Guess I was the naive one to believe everyone straight away about Skyler, not even wanting to hear her side of the story." I burried my head in my legs as they were pulled up to my chest.

"Maybe, when Skyler wakes up, we could all listen to her side of the story. To her side and point of view of her whole life." Jonah suggested. "But she needs her rest now. Also when she wakes up, we need to make a comfortable sitaution for her and let her relax a bit before asking her about her life story." I nodded slightly, looking up at her again.

"You know, it's so weird." I sighed.

"What?" Jonah asked me confused. I looked over at him.

"That you've known her only for two months and you're acting like you're her older brother or boyfriend." His cheeks turned slightly red while he shrugged.

"I just think that there's more to her than we know, and to what she shows. I wanna try to get that side out of her and give her a real chance." He told me, glancing over at her. "And of course apologize for the way how we treated her." I nodded and looked on my phone for the time.

Almost 3 a.m.

"Wanna have some coffee?" I turned to Jonah, considering it for a while before answering.

"Yeah, thanks." He gave me a small smile and left the room, leaving me alone with Skyler again. She was sleeping peacefully. Not making a noise or even slightly moving. She looked so innocent but tired at the same time.

I couldn't help but wonder where she had been for the past three days. She had to sleep and eat somewhere.

Maybe she was with a friend?

Does she even have friends?

I can't remember her bringing one over when we were younger. I know Ashley told me once she didn't had any, but that can't be true....right?

I looked away, knowing I was staring intensely at her. I started to play with my fingers, waiting for Jonah to return and hoping the late morning would hit us soon and Skyler would wake up.

[~ ☽︎✫︎☾︎ ~]

Jonah's pov

I leaned against the kitchen island, seeing exhausted faces approach me as they stumbled down the stairs.

"You guys look terrible." I commented, taking another sip of my sixth coffee from this morning.

"Well you don't look good yourself, so I wouldn't talk." Zach huffed, sitting on a chair acrosss from me from the kitchen island and laying his head down on it.