• 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀-𝑺𝑬𝑽𝑬𝑵 •

Corbyn's pov.
-

It all happened so quickly.

The thunder,

lightning,

wind,

that car,

Skyler....

I swallowed the lump back in my throat, still seeing her small body laying there on the ground in front of me.

I can still see how Jonah ran over to her, falling down on his knees as he tried calling her name, but she didn't give a response. How he held her hand gently in his, crying.

How Zach ran over to them, trying to keep his tears back as he started to comfort Jonah.

How Jack called for an ambulance in panick, his voice shaky as he watched Zach and Jonah in front of him.

How Eben tackled the driver that hit Skyler who was about to run away, scared of his life. He held him place and called the police, his eyes teary.

How Daniel stayed back with me, telling me everything is gonne be okay, and trying to be there for me, but his voice was muffled.

I couldn't hear him.

I could only hear my fast breathing, my heart beat racing, and the thunder on the background, making it a haunting memory for everyone.

My legs wouldn't move, but they were shaking, and so were my hands. It felt frozen in some way,

but god, how much I wish I could stop the time and go back.

I could feel the many tears running down my cheeks, together with the raindrops that were dripping down harshly from the dark night sky.

I looked up at it, asking myself why.

Why did this have to happen?

Why do bad things happen when you least expect it?

Why does it hurt so much?

And how do you deal with it?

I felt a small pat on my back, coming from Daniel who didn't wanna leave my side for one second.

It took only the siren and the sight of the ambulance for me to fully break down and to crash on the ground.

I fell down to my knees, dropping my head inside my hands, unable to watch the people take her away from me.

It felt like I was losing her all over again.

But this time, I didn't know if I was gonna get her back.

"Corbyn," I heard Daniel softly say as he kneeled down next to me. "come on, you have to go with her." I shook my head, sobbing.

I can't go with her. I can't stand seeing her like this.

"You have to, she needs her family to be there for her." I shakily nodded, knowing he was right as Daniel helped me up, bringing me to the ambulance.

"Are you family of Skyler Besson?" The paramedics asked us. I nodded.

"Her brother." My voice cracked. The man nodded and quickly quided me to the ambulance, but it didn't feel right. I turned back around to my best friends, looking at a soaked Jonah who was still on the ground, pouring his heart out. "Mister? I need him to come with us." I pointed at Jonah to the paramadic. He shook his head.