𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

❤︎

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛: 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑦 𝑊𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑀𝑒

"Are you sure this is okay?"

Tommy sighed, his hand reaching up to rub his face. It must have been about the fifth time that she had asked him that question. Sabrina was so nervous about staying at his house, that she couldn't get passed it.

"Yes, Sabrina. It's fine." He reassured her, as he took her by the shoulders, guiding her smoothly along the passageway and toward the stairs. "Just keep quiet while we're near the kitchen. John'll string my neck if he sees you."

"No he won't." Sabrina laughed as she argued his cause, and Tommy smiled down at her, nodding.

"Yeah, you're right. He would never. But still, Polly would go mad." He answered truthfully, his hand still across her shoulder as the moved up the stairs and across the dim landing.

"Polly likes me though." She said.

"Not for that reason." He muttered, unsure of whether she had heard it or not. Sabrina raised her brows in shock and glared at him disapprovingly.

"Well, make yourself comfortable." He said, as he opened the door to his room.

Sabrina stepped in, turning as she realised that Tommy had stopped at the door.

"I'll get some clothes from Ada." He said, noticing her curious glance, from where she had moved to perch herself on the edge of his bed, nose twitching slightly as her hands clasped tightly to her purse.

"Oh, It's fine. Don't trouble her." She said, immediately standing from the bed and shaking her hands in front of her.

Tommy stopped, shaking his head with a quiet laugh. "She already knows you're here. It's either I go or she'll come barging in."

Tommy disappeared around the doorway and across the landing, leaving Sabrina to stare around his room from where she stood in the centre, once again. It was dimly lit by a small, musty candle on his bedside table and the walls were peeling in the corner. It was clear that he hadn't cared much for his room, but then again, that didn't surprise her at all. Tommy Shelby's held much more value, that would never allow him to be caught up in such a domestic care.

He had been gone a while, and Sabrina found herself walking toward the bed and settling her bag down on the side of it. Though the covers were rather boring, it looked so inviting to her heavy eyes and fatigued and restless mind. After such a stressful day, there was nothing more that she craved than sleep.

Sabrina lay down on top of the straightened sheets, staring up at the ceiling. It was strange, staring up at something that he would see each night before sleeping. She even wondered if he saw things against the stark white roof, like she did in her room. Instead of the streets of Paris or the evenings spent with her sisters, she could imagine his dreams of the war- just like her elder brother. Before she knew it, she was drifting into sleep, her eyes closing against the rough bed sheets that smelled like him.

Tommy entered his room again, the fresh clothes held loosely in his hands. He stopped shortly, noticing her sleeping figure laying softly on the bed. Her eyelashes were still fluttering slightly, and her breathes had not yet deepened. He walked across the room, placing the clothes on his nightstand. Taking a moment, Tommy debated with himself on his next actions. Rather than leaving her, he chose to take the covers pulling them over her as she slept, and tucking it under her chin. He wondered when he'd gotten so soft, before moving quickly to leave through the door.

"Wait." Her sleepy voice startled him as he went to leave the room.

As he turned back around, Sabrina was sitting straight up. Her hair was rather puffy and the sheets were lazily draped across her figure. She still held an unsure look on her face, guilty of taking his bed.

"Yes?" Tommy said, after a slow pause, his voice catching in his throat as he looked at her.

"Why don't you stay?"

❤︎