✯Chapter 4✯

Author's Note: Picture of Tina Davis

◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩

That was the longest weekend I've ever had to endure. I hated pretending like everything was fine with Colt day in and day out. On Saturday night I decided to just pretend to be asleep by the time he came home. The day of truth was approaching, and I wasn't looking forward to it. In fact, the suspense was literally making me ill.

On Sunday morning I felt like I wanted to throw up. The nausea bothered me all day long, until a decisive phone call came and put an end to it. Colt was watching TV when he called, so I went to the bathroom to answer the call.

"Are you alone?" Levi's deep voice asked me.

"I am now," I told him.

"Would you rather we meet up tomorrow at your school?"

I shook my head furiously. "No! Please, I can't wait any longer. I'll tell him I want to go over to Coraline's house. Maybe we can meet somewhere else after that."

"Your friend Coraline? How about Tina? I know where she lives."

Curiosity was killing me now. Were Tina and Levi close friends? Tina didn't tell me that she used to be in a relationship with him or anything. How did he know where she lived?

"Okay, Tina's it is," I said.

"I'll be there in an hour."

We hung up our phones. While I was in the bathroom, I decided to take a shower before rushing out to get dressed. I called Coraline up to tell her what was up, and then Tina. Coraline said she would be at Tina's house soon, and Tina said she would be waiting with tea and cookies. She never baked anything. Tina said that so that we could know before we got there that she didn't have any food for one reason or another.

I took a deep breath before grabbing my black and white handbag. I made my way to Colt, who was slouched back in the couch, eating some chips.

"Hey," I said, causing him to turn around, "I'm going out for a while."

"You look nice," he said, winking at me.

I forced a smile at him. "Thanks."

I wasn't wearing anything special; just a black and yellow sunflower dress and some heels. I picked the first thing that was in my wardrobe.

"Where are you going?" he asked, looking back at the TV.

"I'm going to hang out with Coraline and Tina," I told him, "At Cora's house. If you need anything, just give me a call."

I didn't want to tell him I would be at Tina's house, just to be safe. He wasn't the type to check on me, but still. For some reason he preferred Coraline over Tina.

"Sure," he said, "Let me know when you're coming back."

"Will do. See you later."

"Drive safely."

I stood for a moment looking at the back of his head, before turning around and grabbing the keys to my car.

I met up with Coraline at her house. I left my car there and asked her for a ride to Tina's. The three of us lived quite close to each other, so it didn't take long to get there. My heart was pounding as soon as we got to Tina's place. This was it. This was finally it. I was about to find out if I was crazy for thinking my husband was a cheater, or if he really was a cheater.

"Hey, are you okay?" Coraline asked me.

"I am," I said, "I'm nervous, but I'm fine. I think."

She smiled at me, but she also seemed nervous. We got out of the car and went to Tina, who was already standing at the front door watching us.