✯Epilogue✯

Levi dropped some papers onto my desk. With a big smirk he announced that the divorce was now finalized. Two months had gone by since Colt got arrested, and about five months since Levi got hospitalized. Colt got convicted to 25 years in prison. He was found guilty for murdering Coraline. The text messages were used as proof, and his DNA was found on Coraline's body. I didn't want to think about the stuff he must have done to her before throwing her in that dumpster. But justice was served. Honestly 25 years wasn't enough in my opinion, but at least he was now behind bars far, far away from us.

I got up from my seat, dropping the purple inked pen I was using to grade papers with. A loud gasp escaped from me, and Levi couldn't help but laugh at my reaction.

"You're free," he stated, pulling me into his embrace, "You can go if you want."

"I know," I replied, digging my fingers underneath his shirt and into his bare back, "I should start packing."

Levi's smile wavered for a second, and I had to hold myself back so as to not start laughing at him.

"I was getting so tired of being cooped up in this house," I teased, pushing him back towards my bed and climbing on top of him now, "And there's this guy who's been trying to get me to stay with him. Ugh, he's just so..."

Levi smirked. "So hot? So amazing? The best boyfriend ever?"

"So cocky," I filled in, rolling my eyes.

We both laughed now. I rested my head on his chest and closed my eyes. I could hear his heartbeat pacing. I loved how we've been together for so long now and we still get nervous around each other. I loved having that impact on him, and I knew he liked it when I had that reaction from his touches as well.

"Are you feeling better today?" he asked me.

"Yeah," I told him, "The nausea comes and goes. But it's getting better."

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the doctor for that?"

"Nah, it's probably not a big deal. I get sick all the time."

"But... you don't really look sick." Levi's frown deepened, and I sighed in response.

"I'm fine, Levi, I promise," I reassured him.

"I'll be more at ease if you get checked by a doctor—"

Before he was able to finish his sentence, a huge wave of nausea hit me and I bolted out of that room quicker than lightning itself. I threw up all of my breakfast.

I was trying to downplay how I was feeling for the past couple of days, but honestly it was worse than what I was admitting. The few times that I did manage to get some food in my stomach, the puking would just get rid of it again. Levi was right; I wasn't sick. But I didn't know what was wrong with me.

Within the next hour Levi was driving us to the doctor's office in his new car. Ever since he helped with getting Colt caught, he was offered the chance to get police training to become a full-fledged agent. Although he had a criminal record, they were willing to ignore it all of a sudden and accept him anyway. At first we thought it was due to lack of evidence, but it turned out that someone came up to clear his name. But we didn't know who did it. Perhaps Michelle had a change of heart? Who knows...

Levi would come home tired at times, but he still spent time on his private investigating work and saved up money that way. We were also thinking of selling the house; it had way too many bad memories in it, and it was time to move on from them.